Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Car Popping when turning after replacing cv axels

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Skul
This is Skull2004 and it was my sway bar and rack and pinion.
Went to automotive school and learned everything I could because I always seem to have that weird, off the wall problem with my vehicles. That and I just don't have the patience or anger control for getting ripped off, talked down to, or just having to wait on my vehicle. At least I know that I'm doing all I can to get it done properly and quickly so I can get it back on the road.

Just found out that the Valve Cover recall that they did at the Chevrolet dealership over a year ago, that they didn't change my back valve cover. Automotive school helped me realize that(not the teachers for sure, but the logic and material). The old one is still there which is a different material and color. My number 6 spark plug has been fouling out over and over along with my number 6 coil going out over and over. Not only that, my catalytic converter has been majorly overheating. I have had to replace 2 mass air flow sensors, and now accidently hitting it too hard testing it, I have to replace it again. And I'm losing oil from the valve cover.

The point is, the recall was for engine fires because of that oil leaking on the exhaust. I have my Children in this car all the time. If it were to catch fire and they found out it was because someone "half assed" their job and me or mine died, thdn you would have ended up getting the crap sued out of you. Not only that, you would have to live with it on your conscience that you "half assed" your job and someone died because you decided to be lazy.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Skul
Went to automotive school and learned everything I could because I always seem to have that weird, off the wall problem with my vehicles. That and I just don't have the patience or anger control for getting ripped off, talked down to, or just having to wait on my vehicle. At least I know that I'm doing all I can to get it done properly and quickly so I can get it back on the road.

Just found out that the Valve Cover recall that they did at the Chevrolet dealership over a year ago, that they didn't change my back valve cover. Automotive school helped me realize that(not the teachers for sure, but the logic and material). The old one is still there which is a different material and color. My number 6 spark plug has been fouling out over and over along with my number 6 coil going out over and over. Not only that, my catalytic converter has been majorly overheating. I have had to replace 2 mass air flow sensors, and now accidently hitting it too hard testing it, I have to replace it again. And I'm losing oil from the valve cover.

The point is, the recall was for engine fires because of that oil leaking on the exhaust. I have my Children in this car all the time. If it were to catch fire and they found out it was because someone "half assed" their job and me or mine died, thdn you would have ended up getting the crap sued out of you. Not only that, you would have to live with it on your conscience that you "half assed" your job and someone died because you decided to be lazy.
Every single vehicle I worked on in school, I said what was wrong with when it drove in the shop. Got told I was wrong, did the tests and proved I was right. Then the teacher in complete seriousness because everyone else standing around gonna say "That's what I tried to tell you to begin with."

Old 03-26-2019, 12:14 AM

Yea, I didn't get the whole valve cover recall thing! I took mine in to dealer and had it done just so it was done and no charge, but stupid not to change both valve covers especially when this recall came out our cars were13 plus years old and pretty much guarantee the back one leaks too !! Skul, what was wrong with your rack an pinion??

Old 03-26-2019, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by claydoh
Yea, I didn't get the whole valve cover recall thing! I took mine in to dealer and had it done just so it was done and no charge, but stupid not to change both valve covers especially when this recall came out our cars were13 plus years old and pretty much guarantee the back one leaks too !! Skul, what was wrong with your rack an pinion??
The pinion gear stripped causing that popping sound. Which was all due to me not replacing my power steering lines when I got the car.

Old 01-12-2022, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by habbibie
did you put the axle all the way in? I did my axle last year and didn't put it all the way in like an idiot and it kept poping when i turn. Took me a while to figure it out
​​​​​​how do i know if the axle all the way in or not? I dont hear a popping sound, its the same clicking noise as before. Do i need to change the other side also or could it be something else? How do i know for sure ive installed it right? I like the other giy, i can only afford to do one side at a time.