Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Can someone help with my bonneville?

Old 02-22-2019, 07:44 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Can someone help with my bonneville?

Ok I gotta problem.. I hope someone has heard of it because two shops are lost now.. My brake lights dont work. Its an 02 bonneville that came with NA 3800. Swapped to l67 but I dont think that matters..

The "dim" part of the tail lights work but they will not get brighter when pressing the brake pedal. Turn signals work but they are not part of the brake lights, they are seperate yellow bulbs..

I have replaced both "switches" on the pedal and the shops can bypass these switches and get them to light up.. Tried another set of switches just in case, same deal.

Any ideas? The tail lights did fill with water, froze the bulbs, and broke the bulbs.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How is the shop bypassing the switches to light the brake lights?

That tells me the bulb is capable of working, but not getting the correct signal. If the switches are good that you replaced, where do they lead to?

Old 02-22-2019, 06:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Chibi has a point. Does the shop bypass the switches as the connector for the switch OR elsewhere in the wiring?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.