Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): bucking, 10mpg, no codes no leaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mrs. Nightmagic, I am a computer tech and I can tell you, if you know computers even if you are just a little savvy. You are Start phone savvy as Well. The thing is you have to stop Looking at it as a phone. Our cell phones are no longer phones. They are pocket computers. Think about it, there is an operating system, you can download programs. If you have a newer printer you can even print from your phone. But the phrase "Smart Phone " is confusing. With this picket computer you can make and receive calls. Otherwise, it's just a computer.
Give it a shot. You may surprise yourself!

Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
Mrs. Nightmagic, I am a computer tech and I can tell you, if you know computers even if you are just a little savvy. You are Start phone savvy as Well. The thing is you have to stop Looking at it as a phone. Our cell phones are no longer phones. They are pocket computers. Think about it, there is an operating system, you can download programs. If you have a newer printer you can even print from your phone. But the phrase "Smart Phone " is confusing. With this picket computer you can make and receive calls. Otherwise, it's just a computer.
Give it a shot. You may surprise yourself!
its the Android running system that i am not familiar with. i struggle with macs as well. my mom has a mac and i cant figure out anything to do on there except surf the internet lol!! im slowly learning Android. ive had my smart phone for 2 years now, and my 12 year old daughter still shows me new stuff on it. ive just always worked with windows so i know windows real well. im getting there!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 PM

ok so i had my mechanic scan the pcm today because even tho it may not be sucking down a ton of gas anymore since the TBS swap, and it may not be bucking as bad...theres still a lack of power when i tromp on it, and it miss fires. SO when it was just parked it was cyl 3...when we started driving down the road it became cyl 2. when we got back to the shop and he popped the hood, he checked the coil pack and didnt see any problem there, popped the hose off the fuel regulator and said he smelled gas, change it, and he said to clean out the M.A.F. sensor because the readings werent all that great for it. but not so bad that i need to buy a new one. he also suggested in replacing fuel filter and because of a teeny crack in the coil change that after the other stuff is taken care of. after all this is done and i still have the issue...change the cat. no sensors are coming up and aside from the MAF with slightly off readings everything was reading good and normal. what sucks about the fuel regulator is that its off my old engine...and i never had problems. find it odd that now i do. i hope they are not pricey....i havnt looked up the cost yet. im convinced that this car must have everything brand new....i swear she is jealous of the new truck.