Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

BCM issues???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Default BCM issues???

I have a 2005 SS SC MC and I'm having a couple issues...First is I notice sometimes driving at night that the headlights will turn off by themselves. They will turn off and then turn back on within a sec or two. I notice they also act up when I switch from lows to highs. I do know that the when I pull the turn signal arm back to activate the highs it doesn't seem to make a good enough of a click type feeling. So I know that could possibly be an issue (something that I'm going to change out soon) Also when the headlights go out/turn off that the radio stops playing/no sound and then comes back on.

New to the whole MC thing so I'm trying to learn and I was reading about the possibilities of a BCM issue

The second issue is When at WOT is has a hesitation/surge and check engine light flashes then goes out. I've changed the plugs and I'm getting ready to change wires next to see if the miss/hesitation/surge goes away. The one thing that bothers me is while at WOT is rolls like a yellowish/white smoke out the tailpipes. Doesn't appear to be loosing any coolant anywhere, I'm leaning towards it being a lean issue at WOT. I know coil packs are good, so I'll change plug wires and see.
There was only on hard set code and it was a random missfire. So really leaning towards plug wires ATM.