Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

ATTENTION: 06 LS4's

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well how fast is she!!

Old 05-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Default DOD issue

I am concerned that my car may not have the issue now but it may happen in the future. I am considering buying a DiabloSport Predator and having a "LewTune" done to my car. My only question is, will I compromise reliability by adding a programmer? Also what kind of mpgs can i expect to get city and hwy after a lew tune, as this is my daily driver. Does anyone have a tune on that can provide some data or advice? I have an 06 SS with 38k miles. If anyone has any thoughts or data that would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RED06MONTESS
I am concerned that my car may not have the issue now but it may happen in the future. I am considering buying a DiabloSport Predator and having a "LewTune" done to my car. My only question is, will I compromise reliability by adding a programmer? Also what kind of mpgs can i expect to get city and hwy after a lew tune, as this is my daily driver. Does anyone have a tune on that can provide some data or advice? I have an 06 SS with 38k miles. If anyone has any thoughts or data that would be greatly appreciated.
as far as mpg goes i have heard from a couple ppl that you really wont notice a big hit...i guess it just depends on how you drive but i cant say for sure since i cant get a diablo tune for my car

Old 05-06-2011, 11:38 AM

you will gain a couple mpg's once everything gets dialed in correctly... reliability is not compromised at all... in fact, the car runs better and more efficiently once the tune is done and things are dialed in - which leads to the better gas mileage and better performance, better/quicker throttle response, etc.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:47 PM

will this take care of the oil spray issues associated with dod aswell?

Old 05-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

will this take care of the oil spray issues associated with dod aswell?
Only by disabling DOD.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
you will gain a couple mpg's once everything gets dialed in correctly... reliability is not compromised at all... in fact, the car runs better and more efficiently once the tune is done and things are dialed in - which leads to the better gas mileage and better performance, better/quicker throttle response, etc.
So what do you average? I'm getting 17.5mpg with city hwy mixed driving and more like 22mpg hwy.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:32 AM

So what do you average? I'm getting 17.5mpg with city hwy mixed driving and more like 22mpg hwy.
you must really be hammering it on the highway to only be getting 22 mpg ... what are you doing like 80 ???

cold air intake and different mufflers will probably add about 0.8-1.2 mpg city ... thats "about" what it did for me

Old 05-07-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Well how fast is she!!
well shes obviously not as fast, brand new they had about 230-250 horsepower ... so who knows what she has now ... but then again, 40-100 feels about as fast, because thats what these cars are meant for ... highway cruising/ accelerating ...

all i know is that she will do 125 in the same distance the monte would have done 135 ... starting from a 30 mph roll ...

dont ask me how i know this ... as these speeds on a public road are very illegal and quite unsafe

Old 05-07-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by drjesus616
you must really be hammering it on the highway to only be getting 22 mpg ... what are you doing like 80 ???

cold air intake and different mufflers will probably add about 0.8-1.2 mpg city ... thats "about" what it did for me
Probably more like 70 to 75 but its not like I'm running the crap out of her. I could get 28 to 29 in my 01 monte with the 3.8 if that tells you how I drive. I don't know maybe this one is just poorly tuned. I've been running 87 octane since I bought it a month ago could that make a difference?

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: 06 LS4's