Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Air condition blows cold on one side???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 PM

sorry i never got around to it on my car.. that was actually my next task. i ate fast and layed by my kitty. next thing i know i fell asleep .

but hmmm. they both get warm after a little bit or just the drivers side itself?

Old 06-30-2010, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by lucian*91
sorry i never got around to it on my car.. that was actually my next task. i ate fast and layed by my kitty. next thing i know i fell asleep .

but hmmm. they both get warm after a little bit or just the drivers side itself?
the driver side gets warm after a few seconds of blowing cold even while i manually hold the blend door in cool position. the passenger side stays ice cold. this is puzzling both actuators are working and so is the temp controls. i don't see what else it could possibly be. cause if it were something major like the compressor neither side would be cold correct? i called my mechanic back last night. and explained to him everything. his thoughts was that driver side blend door was some how closing and he told me to hold it in position and see what happens. but it still turned warm in seconds. even he is puzzled he said if all the parts were workin only thing left to do was get the system sucked out and then recharged and see what happens. he put one of those r 134 cans (empty) on the system with the gauge built into the can and he told me the system was in the range it should be. so im wondering was that can's gauge reading right or if it would even be possible for the passenger side to get that cold if the system were low on freon.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:21 PM

im rather confused by this right now too. maybe your evaporator is plugged on the one side? thts what i can think of. but no, your compressor wouldnt only fail the one side.
i guess try like he said to suck out the system, draw a vacuum on it to boil out any water and possible help if anything is lodged. then refill it.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by lucian*91
im rather confused by this right now too. Maybe your evaporator is plugged on the one side? Thts what i can think of. But no, your compressor wouldnt only fail the one side.
I guess try like he said to suck out the system, draw a vacuum on it to boil out any water and possible help if anything is lodged. Then refill it.
yeah hopefully that will do the trick guess i'll put everything back together this evening and get it serviced this weekend.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 PM

Hey I'm sorry I haven't been able to add any adive. First I'm sorry you bought the hanyes manual because yea first thing I did was look for where it was located. The only good thing in it is the wiring diagram which really isn't that great but tells you the components inside the system so you can eliminate some components. Good work on finding the actuator on the drivers side and finding out that it seems like its coming from the evap. I can def agree that it must have a clog in it somewhere for only half of it to cool. But unfortonatly mMy cars not going to be ready for about another week so I'm sure your already going to have this sucked out and recharged by than. So let me know what happens. Thanks so much!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by BHermes21
Hey I'm sorry I haven't been able to add any adive. First I'm sorry you bought the hanyes manual because yea first thing I did was look for where it was located. The only good thing in it is the wiring diagram which really isn't that great but tells you the components inside the system so you can eliminate some components. Good work on finding the actuator on the drivers side and finding out that it seems like its coming from the evap. I can def agree that it must have a clog in it somewhere for only half of it to cool. But unfortonatly mMy cars not going to be ready for about another week so I'm sure your already going to have this sucked out and recharged by than. So let me know what happens. Thanks so much!
thanks alot fam. i got everything buttoned back up today. hopefully that will solve my problem im gonna call around for some prices i plan to get it done next weekend i'll keep you posted.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:36 AM

Well todays the day heading to mr tire soon they're charging me $193 to vacum out the system and refill it. I really hope this solves the problem.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:02 PM

Alright, good luck, let me know what happens? Thanks

Old 07-05-2010, 03:15 PM

you guys aren't gonna believe this. i went to mr tire today explained my situation the guys in there insisted nothing was wrong with my sysytem if one side was cool. and that i needed to change the control module. so i went to the dealer and purchased the module for $165 went home put it in ac still was warm on one side so i rush back and got a refund without him knowing i installed the part. went back to mr tire told them what happen. they still insisted on getting the dealer to look at it. so i asked him to check my freon levels he agreed to do so for $40 and there it was i was a lb low on freon. this was a lesson well learned. i'm done listening to backyard mechanics this guy could of cost me alot of money. when i first mentioned to him about my ac i told him i thought i needed to add a can of freon and he put his gauge on there and insisted it was full. so i guess this is a happy ending just mad i had to go through all of this to fix the problem i could of fix the first day for as little as $6. just luck the dealer took the part back or i'd be prepared to fight in the morning. thanks for all your help and advice

Old 07-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm gald you got it fixed, I have been reading this thread from day one! thanks for keeping us updated on your issue, happy (cool) miles ahead......

Quick Reply: Air condition blows cold on one side???