Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Air condition blows cold on one side???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 PM

and to add I have an o4 monte with dual climate controls. thanks

Old 06-27-2010, 07:48 PM

i fouund it online somewhere i just googled it. the one i found is for the 04 and it was step by step but once i tried i noticed it was different for my car. but i see we have the same identical problem.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:18 PM

do you happen to remember what you typed in or better yet have the web page? also do you have dual climate or single? As soon as I get my car back from being painted im going to figure this out!! It just started a little before it went in for painting. Out of curiousity did you happen to do anything with your system? Meaning did you open up the system to replace like a condensor or anything? thats what I had to do last summer and I was wondering if something happened. worked perfect after it was changed and for the rest of the summer. Also I already tried replaceing the actual control module with the ***** thinking it was a resistor. didnt do anything but for $35 it was a good chance. so the only thing i can come up with is the actuator but never looked for it.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:38 PM

ok. look take of the bottom of your dash under the passenger side. there should be a big black plastic box that has your ....(bad with names)....blower motor encased in it. the actuator may not be located strait under your dash but more on the side or possibly top of this box. it will look like the yellow highlighed plastic piece sticking off the box with the red highlighted wiring comming from it. there is a door inside of the box and this module flips the door to go through the evaporator for cool air and heater core for hot air. your door may just be currently stuck in the dirrection of the heater core for your driver side air. or may be inop. here is a quick picture. ill see if i cant tear apart my dash tommorow to help assist you in finding it.

Last edited by lucian*91; 06-27-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by BHermes21
do you happen to remember what you typed in or better yet have the web page? also do you have dual climate or single? As soon as I get my car back from being painted im going to figure this out!! It just started a little before it went in for painting. Out of curiousity did you happen to do anything with your system? Meaning did you open up the system to replace like a condensor or anything? thats what I had to do last summer and I was wondering if something happened. worked perfect after it was changed and for the rest of the summer. Also I already tried replaceing the actual control module with the ***** thinking it was a resistor. didnt do anything but for $35 it was a good chance. so the only thing i can come up with is the actuator but never looked for it.
IM NOT SURE I'LL TRY TO FIND IT FOR YOU THOUGH. AND I JUST GOT MY CAR BOUT A MONTH AGO AND THE AC WORKED FINE FOR 3 WEEKS ICE COLD AND THE LEFT VENTS JUST STOPPED OUT OF THE BLUE. ALL I'VE DONE TO THE CAR WAS HAVE A AFTER MARKET CD PLAYER INSTALLED. HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET IT FIXED SOON. IT'S BEEN 100 DEGREE'S ALL LAST WEEK

Old 06-28-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by lucian*91
ok. Look take of the bottom of your dash under the passenger side. There should be a big black plastic box that has your ....(bad with names)....blower motor encased in it. The actuator may not be located strait under your dash but more on the side or possibly top of this box. It will look like the yellow highlighed plastic piece sticking off the box with the red highlighted wiring comming from it. There is a door inside of the box and this module flips the door to go through the evaporator for cool air and heater core for hot air. Your door may just be currently stuck in the dirrection of the heater core for your driver side air. Or may be inop. Here is a quick picture. Ill see if i cant tear apart my dash tommorow to help assist you in finding it.
thanks alot for tryin to help us. Im at work now and can't see the pic you've posted due to security settings. But i am really anxious to go home and take another shot at this. After i put the driver side dash back together. And if you have chance to take yours apart to help assist it'd be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:41 PM

Thank you so much for you assistance lucian! I was trying all last night to find diagrams or anything to help. Like I said as soon as i get my car back everything I need is coming apart and I going to dig for it. That pic helps a lot. Thats kind of what I was thinking after replacing the control module or hvac controls that it must be the damper that just doesnt move all the way or gets stuck somewhere. and thank you widebody, as soon as i figure this out youll be the first to know so you can fix your to. 100 degrees is a little to hot without air.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by BHermes21
Thank you so much for you assistance lucian! I was trying all last night to find diagrams or anything to help. Like I said as soon as i get my car back everything I need is coming apart and I going to dig for it. That pic helps a lot. Thats kind of what I was thinking after replacing the control module or hvac controls that it must be the damper that just doesnt move all the way or gets stuck somewhere. and thank you widebody, as soon as i figure this out youll be the first to know so you can fix your to. 100 degrees is a little to hot without air.
yes it is can't wait to get home so i can see the pic posted and give it another shot myself.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:27 PM

After thinking a bit, It may also possibly be the heater controls themselves. It may be possible that only one side of the climate controls is functioning.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by revron
After thinking a bit, It may also possibly be the heater controls themselves. It may be possible that only one side of the climate controls is functioning.
i guess the only to find out is to change these two parts one at a time huh?

Quick Reply: Air condition blows cold on one side???