Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Air condition blows cold on one side???

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Default Air condition blows cold on one side???

Hello fam i just got my ss a few weeks ago. The air worked fine for a couple weeks then this weekend i noticed it took a very long time to get cold. I thought i needed it charged till i realized the passenger side vents were still ice cold. So i figured it's no way it needs freon if that side would get that cold. I also noticed yesterday after riding for 40 min or so the two driver vents get cool but no where near as cool as the other two. What could this be?

Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What year / model / etc.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:00 AM

Sorry its a 2002 monte carlo ss

Old 06-25-2010, 06:37 AM

bump!!!

Old 06-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Old 06-27-2010, 12:58 AM

hi, do you know where the blend door is located? my car is doing the same thing. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2010, 01:05 AM

the blend door itself is located in the evap box in your whole dash. the actuator should be located on the outside of the box electronically controlling the blend door. its deffinatly a possibility, but would seem possible not also due to the one side blowing cold. do they both blow about the same pressure. and if you close the vents on the passenger side do the ones on the drivers side blow cold again?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by lucian*91
the blend door itself is located in the evap box in your whole dash. the actuator should be located on the outside of the box electronically controlling the blend door. its deffinatly a possibility, but would seem possible not also due to the one side blowing cold. do they both blow about the same pressure. and if you close the vents on the passenger side do the ones on the drivers side blow cold again?
hello,

both side blow out at the same pressure. when first turned on the driver vents blow at the same temp outside and if you close the passenger vents the driver vents do not get any colder. after about riding 30 mins or so they cool down a lil but the difference between the two are like night and day. i checked my freon level yesterday and the system was still in the proper range. i really wanna get this fix my mechanic doesn't like to take dashes apart so he turned down the job after changing my brakes and tuning me up yesterday. is there anywhere for me to see how to change the actuator step by step cause im willing to try today.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:13 AM

i found a diagram for the blend door for a 04. and i went out and took the cover's off from under the dash on my 02 but i didnt see the actuator just sitting there on the duct like the pic showed must be different for the 02. i cant seem to find a diagram anywhere. is there a fuse for the actuator that could be blown?

Old 06-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Hi, This is the perfect thread. I've been going over everything in my car to. Pressure is blowing the same. My driver side is warm and my passenger side is cold. I checked freon levels which are fine. If i put my passenger and driver side to hot they both blow the same temp. But when it goes into cooling only the passenger side cools. If i close the passengers side it only gets a little colder on the diver side but hardly. Where did you find the diagram for the blend door? thanks in advance!!! Very frustrating but im sure eventually it will be figured out!

Quick Reply: Air condition blows cold on one side???