Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

1995 Monte Carlo won't turn over

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Default 1995 Monte Carlo won't turn over

I have been fixing my monte for about 2 months now. It has been setting in my garage up on jack stands and the neg. Battery disconnected. When i put it there it ran fine. I've done many things including replacing a turn signal switch, which required me to take out the 2 airbag fuses on the passenger side dash.
That is my fist guess of the problem. So what I am wondering is if those 2 fuses would cause the car to not start?? The reason I have not put them back in is that it is parked in my garage so that I can't open the door to get to the fuses Another possibility is the new radio I put in it. I've heard of peoples cars not starting after putting in a new radio. Things like the rf signals that it puts out messes with the VATS or passkey system (my new radio does have a remote)
The last possibility is the VATS and passlock. .........the car will not turn over at all. It has a brand new battery and I also tryed jumping it. I can hear the fuel pump come on when I turn the key.
When I turn the key to start it there's nothing no clicking no starter sound at all. But when I let the key back it makes a little noise. I pinpointed the noise to being right by the fuse box under the hood on the drivers side.
So what I want to know is is if I should take it down and push it to get the fuses in, or if its something else.

Thanks for any help!

Old 08-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Lightbulb Welcome to the MCF

I suggest checking all your fuses to make sure they are good. > Good Luck <

Old 08-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like a VATS issue. Check the ohms of the chip in your key. You can wire in a resistor or two under the dash to bypass it, otherwise you're gonna need a new ignition switch (if that is in fact the issue)