Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

1995 MONTE CARLO 3.1 Electric fan question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Default 1995 MONTE CARLO 3.1 Electric fan question

Heya all g13 here again,first time caller,long time listener,Anyway in a previous thread i had i had issues that was resolved quickly so going to try another problem Basically my car used to run right in the middle of the temp gauge from cold to the red line but after the manifold gasket and head gasket change its running about 3/4th of the way now and when in traffic it gets very very close to the red line.

I used the 2 bleeder screws and got antifreeze out of it,and i also drained some of the radiator water out and added more antifreeze so i got a good mix.My main questions is what exactly tells the fan to kick on as i noticed sometimes it does sometimes it don't and only the driver side fan runs as far as i have noticed in the driveway but there is 2 fans.I also noticed on passenger side fuse-box there is 2 Grey square box's that are fan relays i am guessing?Is there a sensor somewhere that may be a issue? i do not have no codes currently in icu at least what auto zone said.

I am going to change the t-stat and see if that helps maybe when they cleaned heads something gunked up the t-stat or something.Once again i thank you all in advance

Old 04-03-2011, 06:25 AM

Hi G13,
The fan relay will be located in the PDB box in the engine compartment. The relay is controlled by the coolant temp sensor and the computer. Hope this helps.