Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

07 monte carlo help

Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Default 07 monte carlo help

i just joined this site, i bought a 07 monte carlo lt 4 months, and love the car, but i got into a accident yesterday. i was driving back home after getting some breakfast and it was snowing pretty heavily, i cam down a hill just outside town and couldnt see a fricking thing. and before i knew it i came upon a guy in a white f-250 pulling a white cargo trailer stopped in the middle of the road and i was too late, keep in mind it was a whiteout outside, i had 2 choices, rear end the guy, or hit my brakes and swerve into the other lane to avoid him, and i chose the latter. well i lost control of my car, went into the ditch ramped a farmers driveway and rolled the car onto its drivers side. when i rolled it on the drivers side i landed in about 3 ft of snow, and because of it, this is no joke, the only damage on that side was the side skirt body kit piece broke off. there is no scratches, no dents, nothing. it didnt even break off the sideview mirror. now, it did mangle my front bumper a bit, and it cracked the paint on the rear bumper ( it apparently has been repainted before). but all in all id say i got very lucky considering how it happened. now my question, when it rolled over i didnt really pay attention to see if the motor was still running when it had rolled over(obviously had other things on my mind like my life lol) but i was wondering, do the 07's have a oil sensor of sorts in them that will shut the motor down in case the oil goes out of the pan because of a rollover like this?

Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Im not sure it does...but it does sound like it may have shut it self off due to a lack of oil being picked up!...with any luck..pull the plugs, roll the eingine with them out..(to clear the cylinders).....listen for any odd sounds (engine noise)....check yor oil level...for any signs of coolant in the oil...or even better after you clean out the cylinders...do a complete oil change (to be safe) and you dont hear any strange sounds....put in new plugs..fire it up and let it warm up...check everything...over after warm up, oil, over heating etc...radiator levels...maybe you got lucky with minor body damage and your life....I'd be curious how things turn out for you....good luck !

Old 01-22-2012, 01:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site. Glad your ok and you didn't total your monte.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM

That sound awful, glad there was little to no damage though, hope someone has the answer you're looking for.