Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

03 LS TRACTION ACTIVE LIGHT ON INTERMITTENLY

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Default 03 LS TRACTION ACTIVE LIGHT ON INTERMITTENLY

03' LS 3.4 Traction control issue.... every once in a while under normal acceleration making a left turn the traction active lamp illuminates on the display and can feel system activating.. only lasts about 1/2 second. has done it about 5 times now and kind of irritating, no service abs or service traction light.. does it on dry pavement and cannot make it do it on command new tires, rotors, pads... will also activate when backing after car is started in the morning no dew, condensation or dampness just traction active lamp and can feel system activate. have called local richmond dealers to no avail. have found part number 10340314 to be a replacement traction control harness. but no info on problem, everything seems to be centered on the service traction issue .... any help would be appreciated

Old 10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Default RE: 03 LS TRACTION ACTIVE LIGHT ON INTERMITTENLY

Guess nobody else has or has heard of this issue....... a little more info to maybe help..
did it again about 3 times this morning turning left normal acceleration, can feel traction kick in, traction active shows up in display, 1/2 second gone. if i turn trac off no problems but the ground isn't wet, no gravel and i have pretty new michelin harmony tires on it. it seems to be happening more frequently now than it was.. if anyone has ran across this and fixed it please let me know. thanks
ntimd8t

Old 10-12-2007, 11:47 AM

It sounds like one of your wheel speed sensors is sending out a false signal. You will need to see which wheel sensor is telling the computer that slippage is occuring.. This is hard to accomplish without the Tech 2 however.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:51 PM

ok... an update of sorts. brought vechicle to work and disconnected all wheel sensors and unplugged rear body harness and harness for abs unit about 2 weeks ago. put new dialectric grease on all terminal connections and inspected all known problem sources for the wire rubbing.. found a connector pin slightly bent in the rear body harness under the car in the spare tire area.. straightened that out and with new grease problem is gone.. not sure whether the grease or the pin was problem but it's fixed... tested by leaving traction on and stomping on it and traction kicked in like normal. but no more intermittent problem hope this may help someone else out there

Old 10-20-2007, 01:03 PM

Hi `Jason,
Glad that you may have found the problem (hope so : )
Did it throw a code when it wasn't working ?
I know `if you
unhook the battery for 20min, that will reset all the codes. If it comes back on again after that I'd def. go and have it checked out.
Places like AutoZone will check for codes.
It scares me when any of the lights stay on or flash, but when it
has to do with the braking system, I'm really concerned.
It's great that you had the ability to check it out.
Safe/Happy miles 2 U,
`Space