Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

[NEED Help] Edelbrock Carb Install Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Default [NEED Help] Edelbrock Carb Install Problem

im putting a edelbrock 600 cfm card on my 85 monte carlo ss. its the stock quadrajet intake i got the adapter for the carb but now my problem is hooking the throttle and kickdown cable to the carb. soooo my question is how do i hook the throttle/kickdown cables to the carb?

thanks

Old 02-02-2013, 11:34 AM

Summit and jegs sells all the stuff you'll need to switch your cables over from stock GM to Edelbrock. You'll probably have to buy a bracket for your kickdown and throttle cables to snap into and kickdown and throttle studs to hook the cables to your new carb. Give summit racing or jegs a call and they'll know what all you need to complete your install. If your SS still has the stock 200-4r overdrive tranny keep in mind that your kickdown cable has to be hooked up and adjusted properly for your transmission to upshift and downshift right. Not to mention it will prematurely destroy your tranny if it's out of adjustment or not hooked up. Good luck!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MySS
im putting a edelbrock 600 cfm card on my 85 monte carlo ss. its the stock quadrajet intake i got the adapter for the carb but now my problem is hooking the throttle and kickdown cable to the carb. soooo my question is how do i hook the throttle/kickdown cables to the carb?

thanks
That edelbrock....Does it look like the old style Carter?
If it does than thats a good carb to run...Its also preset from the factory so you may only need to adjust the idle once you get it mounted and hooked up. throttle/kickdown/fuel.

I cant remember what Choke style your Monte came with...
So, you may end going to a manual choke setup..
I would however recommend getting the matching edelbrock intake for it...
That would make things a lot easier during the instahl... (Eliminates the adapter plate)

Last edited by STUMPMI; 02-02-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 AM

Thanks eeveryone for help I ended up getting adapter plate for now...throtle/kickdown cable bracket and a l bracket for the carb that the throttle and kicksown cable attach to...havent started the car yet headers I got for the monte are coming in today