Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): **********help needed please**********

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Default **********help needed please**********

Any info here would be greatly appreciated. I have NO HEAT. All my heater blows is cold air. I tried changing the thermostat, But had no luck there. I also tried topping off and bleeding the cooling system, But I also had no luck with that either. Maybe I didn't bleed the system right??? I also thought that it could be the blend door, But everything sounds like its working properly. The engine does get up to normal operating temp. Also it seems the the top and bottom radiator hoses get hot, But do not feel pressurized. I can squeeze them with ease. I also noticed that the (I grabbed them where they are clipped to the firewall) top hose coming from the heater core gets warm/hot, But the bottom one remains cold. Maybe the heater core is plugged??? Should i blow it out with compressed air??? I need this problem fixed. I tired of freezing my *** off while driving to and from work everyday.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sounds like a clogged heater core. remove the lines & try compressed air or force garden hose water through to see if gunk comes out. obviously you need a nice day out were water wont' freeze. Or just take it to someone to get it blasted out.
Also, if you feel like the system isnt pressurized try renting a coolant pressure tester (autozone has it in their loaner tools + adapters if you need them) & see if the radiator has the proper pressure. Your radiator cap should have the pressure number on it (something like 11, 15, 12, 22, exc)

Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would flush and fill the entire cooling system. With all this cold weather I think i would take it to a shop to do it tho. Most do it for a reasonable price.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with both Jen and Lou!
Haveing it professionally flush and filled would more than likely resolve your issue! As well as haveing the proper mix of water and antifreeze ratio!
To insure you have proper protection from the cold and overheating in the summer.
I did happen to notice you didnt mention/say what state you reside in...
or what kinda mileage is on your vehicle. Maybe you have just 1 heatercore hose thats clogged... If im not mistaken...heatercores are designed to flo in only 1 direction...Might want to dbl check all the connections! hoses clamps etc...