Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Will a touchscreen fit in a 2K Monte Carlo SS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Default Will a touchscreen fit in a 2K Monte Carlo SS?

I was at a local stereo shop and they told me a Pioneer N2 would not be able to fully motorize open because of a clearance problem with the dash. Can someone clear this up for me and tell me if a motorized touch screen would be OK in the dash? Also, I will be using a dash kit from HUmount.com. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:09 AM
Default RE: Will a touchscreen fit in a 2K Monte Carlo SS?

i dont know why not. but if you want one bad just get the singel din our cars have a dubbeldin space for our radios. get the singel and mount it on the bottom one. will work fine i plan to add one to my car. and there is a kid here that has one in his already and it works fine. you do need to go to a shop with pepole that know what they are talking about as the first time you have to adjust it so it will open fully and then you slide it out some to make it fit right. the screen has adj. for this. all your doing is adj. to it to make it fit right and look right in the dash.

but yes it will fit.
dont think it will go to cardomain.com and start serching for monte carlos and see what head units they have in thier cars.

I think i would just goto a difrent shop. or buy off the shelf and do my own install.

ethier way good luck