Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Why aren't the front speakers working?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 AM

Took it back in...and although I was past the 10 day mark on their policy they gave me a cut rate and installed the front speakers for me. Not sure what caused the issue but the new Polks are installed in the front and everything sounds great. Hit the road to Columbus, OH for Rock on the Range in about a day...got it done just in time.

I knew I could have just re-wired to the fronts...but since I'm a novice - not only would it have taken me a day or two but I wasn't sure if there might have been a small mistake I was making.

Thanks again for the quick and informative responses. Glad I know how to take off the dash panels and everything myself now...might have to make some other changes when I get back

Old 05-20-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Snolan860
Took it back in...and although I was past the 10 day mark on their policy they gave me a cut rate and installed the front speakers for me. Not sure what caused the issue but the new Polks are installed in the front and everything sounds great. Hit the road to Columbus, OH for Rock on the Range in about a day...got it done just in time.

I knew I could have just re-wired to the fronts...but since I'm a novice - not only would it have taken me a day or two but I wasn't sure if there might have been a small mistake I was making.

Thanks again for the quick and informative responses. Glad I know how to take off the dash panels and everything myself now...might have to make some other changes when I get back
Glad it all worked out for ya. I know how it feels to have no music, not fun.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:54 PM

ok what i meant by only the tweeters workings is....

they hooked up the factory amp/ HU to the tweeters.

they probly hooked up the doors speakers closed the panels, and hooked the trunk up. they heard sound coming from the doors so they didnt care.

also my 6x9 coaxials have 2 seperate speaker inputs that are seperated from a in line crossover{} at the moment. i didnt know how his look{the connections}

anyways rock on.

my friend from work is going to that rocking on the range thing. its a 2 day event. he said hes going on sunday for limp bisket. im not really into that kind of music, but love concerts none the less, so have fun. thats quite a drive fron ny, so it must be a great show.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 PM

[quote=mak330;228230]ok what i meant by only the tweeters workings is....
/quote]We know what you meant by only the tweeters working, hahaha. He just got the front speakers recently, he said it's been messed up since the installed the deck, they wouldn't have to go into the trunk or pull the door panels off to install a deck though. But I guess we'll never know the cause of the problem cause they sure weren't gonna admit responsibility and the OP was just happy to have his music sounding good again and i'm sure wasn't too concerned with anything else at that point.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 PM

i didnt pay attention to the order of his install, i assumed he put it all in at once.

lol what i meant was that they thought they hooked it up to his front speakers and actually wired them to his tweeters. i think my factory amo was different then your gen.