Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

ISO anyone with BBEngineering DRL/ALC bypass kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 07:29 AM
Default ISO anyone with BBEngineering DRL/ALC bypass kit

I just picked up a 2001 Monte and need this kit but it hasn't been produced in years.. I am willing to pay for someone to uninstall theirs and let me make a wiring diagram off it in order to reproduce it. I am fairly certain how it works but it is too cold at this time of year to go experiment on the car. Thanks.

Link to bypass install: http://www.bbengineer.com/downloads/...KitInstall.pdf
Fairly certain its just a relay in between high beams to trick bcm into thinking high beams are on and a resister in place of the light sensor.

edit: got the auto headlights disabled today. Just replaced the light sensor with a 1k ohm resistor and no more auto headlights! Next up is to put a relay between the high beams to disable drl 👌

Last edited by civicsr2cool; 03-01-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by civicsr2cool
I just picked up a 2001 Monte and need this kit but it hasn't been produced in years.. I am willing to pay for someone to uninstall theirs and let me make a wiring diagram off it in order to reproduce it. I am fairly certain how it works but it is too cold at this time of year to go experiment on the car. Thanks.

Link to bypass install: http://www.bbengineer.com/downloads/...KitInstall.pdf
Fairly certain its just a relay in between high beams to trick bcm into thinking high beams are on and a resister in place of the light sensor.

edit: got the auto headlights disabled today. Just replaced the light sensor with a 1k ohm resistor and no more auto headlights! Next up is to put a relay between the high beams to disable drl 👌

let me know if you ever figure out the drl function. I want it as well and have been looking for the bbe kit