General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Info: Low Beams on with HIGHs

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Low Beams on with HIGHs

My last car was a 97 Regal GS, I was a member of that forum as well. Some members had figured out how to keep low beams ON while the high beams were on. I am curious if anyone has tried this on our M/C? Since both cars are on the same platform, they may use the same harness. It was explained as something easy to do, just running a wire from the passenger side fuse box to the front box.

My drive into work is ALWAYS in the dark with critters crossing the road(darn 5am start time grr) and I'd like to be able to see better since I live out in the boondocks with little to no street lights. I run lows with fogs on but I need more distance with the up close lighting as well.

I'm an old guy and I remember having all 4 lights on when on High beam on my cars in the past. It was nice to wide and distance with what light were available then. Please let me know if anyone has tried this on their M/C.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here is a post from NAIOA.com of the mod.

Someone over at 2000MonteCarlo asked me about doing quad headlights, so I pointed him to the How-To on NewImpala, but he wanted a cleaner solution, so I came up with the following:

Quad Headlights

In order to keep the low beams on when the high beams are on (for normal headlight operation, not DRL), we need to "bypass" the dimmer switch on the stalk (when the headlights are on only)

On the harness that runs along the column, it comes to a 40 pins connector...you will need to tap into 1 wires here as well as tap into 2 wires at the BCM and find a ground (high current)...

You will also need a standard Bosch style automotive relay...

Relay Connections:
1) Pin 86: Battery +12V (Low current, drives the relay coil) BCM C1 - Pin A3 Orange
2) Pin 85: Headlight Signal Gnd (Low current, drives the relay coil) BCM C1 - Pin B3 Black/White
3) Pin 87: Column Connector Pin C4 (Brown on column side, Dk Blue on car harness side) (Use fairly heavy gauge wire (14 awg or better), this supplies current to the low beams)
4) Pin 30: Ground (Use fairly heavy gauge wire (14 awg or better), this supplies current to the low beams)

What this will do is, whenever the headlights are on (not DRL mode), the low beams will be energized, regardless of what position the dimmer switch is in...

If you want to add a switch to enable/disable this, interrupt pin 86 on the relay, it''s headlight relay signal...

Use at your own risk and your mileage may vary

BBEngineer

Old 07-01-2014, 05:59 PM

I don't know when they did this.

my 7th gen both stay on when the highs are on.

I am glad chibiblacksheep is able to help you more