Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Speaker Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Default Speaker Installation

I gots a couple of questions, I just bought me a 03 monte carlo 2 months ago for 7,000 dollars and only 36,432 miles. I was so lucky. But anyways I'm trying to upgrade my stock system. I've installed some polk speakers in the rear deck no problem, but I can't install the front speakers. The speaker seems to be to "big" for the opening. It's a plk db650 6.5 speaker but it doesn't fit no matter what I do. Is there any mount I can purchase to make it fit? and also I already got me a mtx ta780 amp and one mtx 9500 15" sub, the box only fits upright so the sub is facing the the roof of the trunk. I turn it up and gets extremely loud inside the car. Then I go outside and it sounds like doo doo my bump rattles so much like its about to fall off. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

oh yeah one last thing. I get a whiz from my back speakers that is constant whenever the car is on. You can't hear it when the music is it on but when the power is turned off or the volume is set to zero it gets rather annoying.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Default RE: Speaker Installation

I can't help ya on the other stuff, but with the whizz in your rear speakers, that is probably radio interference from your engine. Turn your engine off, and with the acc on, see if it still does it. I bet it quits.

My old nova used to do this bad. Mine was always from the wires touching the firewall, floorboards, etc, and i could always fix it just by moving the wires around. I just got my monte, so I'm not sure how the wires are run in them. Maybe someone else can chime in... They make radio noise filters though that you may need.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:13 PM

for the rattel go in to teh car and turn it on to a good disk with some base in it. then crawel under it and find the rattels on there mos tof the time you can tighten them up and or put a bit of silicone around the mountign points and reinstall this will give them some custion in there and prevet it from ratteling real loud for ya.

As far as the door s go
those should fit but you have to take out the mounts in teh doors in there and i belive you can actually ct the back of them out and it will fit but do some checking on this it has been awhile
And if that dont work it is time to get out the saw and go at it they should fit the door if you take out the plastic part in there.
i belove mine were done this way then we made a cover for the back side out of cardbord (the stuff fro cars)
so it can keep the sound inside of the car and also give soem insulation in there to

OH and two more words for ya
DYNO MAT!!!! Lots of it

Old 05-28-2007, 11:15 PM

The way I did my front speakers isI traced the mount that holds the stock speakers on a peice of 1/2" MDF and cut that out and replaced the stock mount with my new mount. It works amazing no rattles and can hold even my speakers, which are deep, cdt CL-61's. The only disadvantage is that the speakers are no longer angled up.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:44 PM

Thanks guys really solved my problems