Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Serious electrica

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 10:00 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Serious electrica

I'm having this problem with the dash lights. At first it was off and on that they wouldn't work. Now it's been a year like that, day or night doesn't matter. Also I don't remember when the drl's went crazy. I read on here the drl's are your high beams dimmed but from what I can remember mine have always been low beams on . Maybe my ambient light sensor was already bad when I got the car. Ive ordered a new one. It has thrown that code.Then I had an issue with my low beams going out. First the right side went. I replaced the bulb which didn't look burnt and it worked for two days. Then they started flickering, then gone. Now my multi switch broke again and I can't even turn the high beams off and drive with just the fogs. I also have to disconnect the battery now when I turn the car off because the lights stay on. Wth is going on with this thing?????

Last edited by ronipooh; 06-13-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:43 PM

Good luck to everyone that has this generation of Monte. I'm sick of this car that I have maintained and taken care of that constantly spits in my face. I am no longer enthused, more like disgusted.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I would replace the Multifunction Control Switch...
That's what it sounds like it is to me!
This should resolve all of the lighting dash issues etc..

Old 06-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I would replace the Multifunction Control Switch...
That's what it sounds like it is to me!
This should resolve all of the lighting dash issues etc..
Well David the multi function switch cured the headlight issues, which by the way is the third one I've put on this car. The ambient light sensor (which was recommended could be cause of other issues elsewhere in the forum) brought no results for the dash lights and controls backlighting.

I am going to replace the in dash headlight switch next, as others have indicated elsewhere on the forum can also be a problem. If that doesn't fix it others have also said it COULD be the BCM.

My turn signals and hazzards buzz and flash eratically also. The car has been fairly good as far as the engine goes 158,000 miles but the electrical issues and the junk transmission they put in these cars really ticks me off. My car was made in Canada. Reading on this forum and talking to other Monte owners locally has proven these cars have a multitude of known electrical issues and makes me very wary of ever owning another. The Malibu's and Impala's of the same generation have the same problems obviously because they're built on the same platform.

One question...those of you having these same issues, were your cars also built at the Canadian plant? Trying to determine if its a plant issue or if its an all around some get lucky and some of us don't.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Have you tried cleaning the ground wire connection (under air box) and the PCM connectors?

IIRC all 6th Gen Monte Carlos were built in Canada.