Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Problem installing Head unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Default Problem installing Head unit

I am having some trouble installing my head unit in my monte Carlo.
I bought the DDX314. First of all, the dash kit that I got doesn't seem to fit the radio, I cant find the right place to mount the dash kit onto the unit, there aren't any screw holes to attached it to. It also doesn't seem like it'll fit into the stereo space, there a lot of wiggle room. And the last problem is that once I got everything hooked up, there was no sound from my unit, it comes on and every thing, just no sound. I'm sure I have it wired correctly because it's just matching colors. But there are like three (3) extra wires that aren't used. Do I have t ground one of these wires to the car for the audio to work?

Can someone give me a simple wiring guide to make sure I wired them correctly, I used posi-locks so a fix would be quick.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:28 AM

Kenwood head unit? If so I just got done installing mine (kvt-617dvd) and had the same problem. If you have all colors hooked up correctly here is a tip if it applies to you. 1. ground pink wire 2. if there are any other color that do not match up then try just touching them together and see if you get sound.

I remember I had this problem but 3 wires were not matched color wise, I played around and got a orange with white stripe to touch another solid color to get my sound. Hope this helps. I wish I could give you more info but I don't know what unit you have.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by LilSeanCB
Kenwood head unit? If so I just got done installing mine (kvt-617dvd) and had the same problem. If you have all colors hooked up correctly here is a tip if it applies to you. 1. ground pink wire 2. if there are any other color that do not match up then try just touching them together and see if you get sound.

I remember I had this problem but 3 wires were not matched color wise, I played around and got a orange with white stripe to touch another solid color to get my sound. Hope this helps. I wish I could give you more info but I don't know what unit you have.
Yea its a kenwood unit and I figured it out. Thanks

But I do have another problem. I just hooked up an amp (mono channel) and a sub but the only audio i get is from the sub, lyrics and bass are coming through the sub, there is no sound coming from the door speakers.