Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Problem installing aftermarket headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Problem installing aftermarket headunit?

I have never posted a thread but have always been reading through the forums anywho. I just bought an aftermarket headunit, a Pioneer Appradio 2 to be exact. I found on the uninstallation of the headunit the previous owner had attached another wiring harness to the factory harness of the vehicle. I disconnected that wire and continued on to wiring. I bought the scosche gm21sr wiring harness so I could keep my door chimes and what not. Wired it up and also used the relay that is included in the kit and I am getting sound that will randomly cut in and cut out for a second but I am always getting sound from the scosche speaker on the interface module the whole time. I know that if I hook the remote wire to the blue white on the harness I don't get any power to the amp but if I hook the remote wire to the amp trigger wire on the factory harness I get power to that wire before it reaches the amp I don't know what to do. My ground is sound all wires are soldered and I know my speakers and everything work cause my factory stereo works fine so I could get any sort of guidance that would be great cause I am out of gas.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:35 PM

Ended up bypassing the factory amp, the appradio 2 works great especially if you are an aneroid User and use your phone as the source of your music

Old 06-26-2012, 12:00 AM

Let's see some pics of that thing installed! I seen a video about that radio earlier today and and not only did it look good, it seemed awfully fast and the UI looked pretty damn good too. Strongly considering one, would be a nice match with my new Galaxy S III

Old 06-26-2012, 03:19 PM

Ill take some pics when i get off work tonight. It is a great headunit I haven't had any issues with it other than the parking brake issue which i fixed today with a $4 spst switch from lowe's today

Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive been lookin into that radio for my GTO so deff wanna know how it works for ya

Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 PM

I'll take a better pic when i get some sunlight, and I have had this in my car for about two weeks i just forgot to post back in the thread honestly this is a great unit the only issues i have i guess are the fact that the mic that came with it for hands free calling only works well if you get loud i have it mounted in the center gauge area and two sometimes the bluetooth doesn't connect on the first try these aren't really a big deal to me but it is something i noticed with that being said im gonna watch some family guy on my way home on netflix

Attached Thumbnails Problem installing aftermarket headunit?-2012-06-26_22-38-24_217.jpg