Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Pic of my JL Audio Sub...rare enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010 | 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by GreenEyedMonte
04Monte I like you guy, i really do..granted I never heard the 10s that you heard that hit 150. Who knows, the guy's who 10s I heard may have had a ****ty install. he was just a regular guy, not in any competitions or anything. But I can say with certainty that my set up sounded better than his. Im not implying at all that my 8'' sounds better than every pair of 10s on the planet...Either which way, I love how my system sounds so Im gonna drive my Monte with a smile on my face..
Doesn't matter to me either way whether or not you like me.....glad you love your system, as long as you like it that's all that matters. I love mine too but i'm sure some don't, ask me how much sleep i'm gonna lose over that!

Old 05-09-2010 | 01:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

eveyrone takes stuff too seriously on here haha, i have a type-r 10" that is in a custom spec built box and it sounds better than my buddies w6 in his box...all depends on how much your willing to put into it

Old 05-09-2010 | 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
eveyrone takes stuff too seriously on here haha, i have a type-r 10" that is in a custom spec built box and it sounds better than my buddies w6 in his box...all depends on how much your willing to put into it
yeah, the box has alot to do with the output of any given sub. My buddy was in a rush to get a box for his Treo SSI 15" sub and had some dude who had a rep for being a good box builder build him a 4 cube ported box tuned to 37Hz and it go low and loud but was very muddy sounding. Mind you, that sub is designed to work in small to medium sized boxes, manufacturer recommends 2.5 cubes tuned to 33Hz. So after listening to the setup I talked him in to letting me design him a box.....ended up designed a 2.5 cube box tuned to 36Hz and it bangs! The bass is very tight and punchy but can hit down to the low 20Hz range with emphasis.

This is but one example of how someone can get the wrong impression of a particular brand/product. Cause if you had heard his setup before I redid the box I guarantee you would be saying "damn man, Treo subs and AudioQue amps suck!"

Old 05-09-2010 | 03:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

is the w6 in a ported or sealed box. Before I bought my 13.5" w7 I listened to a Pair of 12" w6 and they were not loud at all, sounded decent but not that loud. The Pair of 12" w3v3 I had in a ported box was much much louder and I think sounded cleaner. But I can tell you that An Alpine 12" Type-X is quieter and does not sound as good as a 12" JL w7. and I do know that, ive played both in same car on same system setup in same box design with same cu. ft. and the 2 subs are rated the same rms as well. im sure there a a few differences in other aspects but overall they are almost the same type of sub.

Old 05-09-2010 | 06:43 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
is the w6 in a ported or sealed box. Before I bought my 13.5" w7 I listened to a Pair of 12" w6 and they were not loud at all, sounded decent but not that loud. The Pair of 12" w3v3 I had in a ported box was much much louder and I think sounded cleaner. But I can tell you that An Alpine 12" Type-X is quieter and does not sound as good as a 12" JL w7. and I do know that, ive played both in same car on same system setup in same box design with same cu. ft. and the 2 subs are rated the same rms as well. im sure there a a few differences in other aspects but overall they are almost the same type of sub.
ported box, i paid the best guys around to make me a box tho, my box is ported too, i dont think his was made to specs, he just got a nice looking one that fit

Old 05-09-2010 | 11:53 PM

Tell me about it! If the system you have sounds good to U then great, and other people's opinions become garbage.

Old 05-10-2010 | 07:59 AM

ported box, i paid the best guys around to make me a box tho, my box is ported too, i dont think his was made to specs, he just got a nice looking one that fit
Yeah, some guys think just cause their subs fits the box that it'll work out fine........not so much.

Those Type R subs are some monsters given how much they cost. My buddy has a pair of Type R 12's in his 300C pushed by an AudioQue AQ1200D @ 1 ohm (rated at 1200rms but very underrated) and those things slam! His box is 4 cubes and tuned to 32Hz and it bangs the lows way harder than I ever though two 12" Type R's ever could.

Last edited by 04MonteLS; 05-10-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-10-2010 | 08:15 AM
15 Year Member

Yeah, well, I bet the STOCK stereo in my old cutlass sounds better than all of your systems put together!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!? *PUFFS OUT CHEST*

Old 05-10-2010 | 09:19 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Yeah, well, I bet the STOCK stereo in my old cutlass sounds better than all of your systems put together!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!? *PUFFS OUT CHEST*
you should hear my boombox...owned...haha

Old 05-10-2010 | 09:37 AM

I think this P-Contest could go on 4-ever
and it could flood the MCF LOL

Attached Thumbnails Pic of my JL Audio Sub...rare enclosure-pissing_contest0.jpg  

Quick Reply: Pic of my JL Audio Sub...rare enclosure