Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

No power to radio fuse

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 02:49 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default No power to radio fuse

Car radio would go in and out recently and went out completely disconnected the radio aftermarket kenwood ddx371 hooked power and ground to battery radio came on hooked back up in car using wire connector tried turning on no luck went to the trunk to check the battery and ground wires they were ok lol corrosion went to amp all wires connected ground good amp getting power checked amp fuses were both gud amp getting power went to radio fuse no power checked fuse fuse was gud at a close for now

Old 12-12-2019, 02:24 PM

TBH it's a bit hard to follow with so many sentences and no punctuation. Sounds like the bottom line is that you're not getting 12 volts coming out of your fuse box to your radio?

How did you check the fuse, just visually? I've seen fuses go bad that weren't visibly destroyed that wouldn't transmit power. So if you didn't electronically verify continuity, I would do that first.

If you pulled the fuse and probed the sockets and both are dead, you've got a worse problem. Is everything else in the fuse box working? If so, that means the power feed to the box is good, but the problem is internal to the box. You'll have to open the box up to figure out where the break is between the feed wire and that socket.

Never opened up a box on a monte before, but I have seen issues on other cars where the hard connections inside broke over time (c6 vette headlights recall).