Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

NEW TOUCH TV AND GPS

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Default RE: NEW TOUCH TV AND GPS

ok that makes a little bit more sense, so did you have to use any wiring adapters? I'm looking at throwing this in mine http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...6019&tp=75

Old 02-22-2008, 04:58 PM

Hey Nicholas
That's `Sweeeeeeet....I've added `it 2 my DreamWishList
If you get one & install, please take some pic's & post.
I'd move in my car, `if I had one : )
[:-]

Please select your car[/align][/align]

Overview
Hands-on Research
Features & Specs
Accessories
Reviews [/ul][/align]
Kenwood's DDX6019 DVD player brings you a vivid 6.95" video screen that sits flush in your double-sized (4" tall) dash opening, with touchscreen controls and easy-to-follow menus that give you total command over all the system's functions. The screen motors down smoothly to give you easy access to the CD/DVD slot. And the screen tilts forward and back to ensure you get the best viewing angle, whatever the slope of your dash.
When you're parked, you'll love watching DVDs on the spacious screen. Connect a backseat video screen and some wireless headphones to keep the kids in back entertained while you drive — they can watch movies in privacy while you listen to another source, like the radio, up front.

Read More

Great sound
Advanced sound controls like the 3-way tone adjustment help you compensate for your vehicle's acoustics. The built-in amplifier puts out plenty of power to ensure that your music and movies sound full and forceful. For even more power, you can add external amplifiers to the three sets of preamp outputs.
Expand your system
You can also add an optional Kenwood satellite radio, or CD changer to open up your entertainment options, or use the the audio/video input to add a game console to your system. Kenwood's optional iPod® gives you touchscreen control over your iPod, plays it through the system, and even recharges the battery.
If you have a cell phone with Bluetooth® capability, connect Kenwood's optional Bluetooth hands-free adapter. It lets you access your contact list and make calls, all without touching your phone or taking your eyes off the road. Install a rear-view camera, and its picture will show up on the receiver's screen, giving you a clear shot of what's behind you. [/align][/align]
Details:
[ul][*]in-dash DVD player with built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)[*]fits double-sized (4" tall) dash openings[*]motorized faceplate with 6.95" LCD video screen with adjustable display angle and touchscreen controls[*]plays DVDs, DVD-Rs/RWs, DVD+Rs/+RWs, CDs, CD-Rs/RWs, MP3/WMA discs, JPEG, and MPEG1 and 2 files[*]System Q Sound Control[*]System E's+ Advanced Crossover system[*]satellite radio-ready (tuner, antenna, and s

Old 02-22-2008, 05:18 PM

yes it did....i got the sheet with me with the part names but i cant read the chicken scratch the ladie wrote out at the audio store....but since all the dings and sounds come through the radio i had to buy the adapter to make it so that all the sounds still worked......the only thing that sucks is that if u dont wear your seatbelt the dinging to put it on shuts off the music on the front driverside speaker for the 3 or 4 dings then the music comes back on in the speaker right after.....also the blinkers dont make any sound anymore when u turn them on...dont know what happened there

Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: 07MONTECARLO666

the wireing harness cost about 150 dallors because of everything runs through the radio when you turn the key off and the radio stays on but for the wireing and the tv and to have it put in (since i didnt feel like dealing with the wireing) it cost me 600
That really sucks doesn't it?!?! I remember the first time I heard that I cussed at the guy wondering what ever happend to the $10 harnesses.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:40 AM

I had heard that $10 harness you can still get to work for a lot of radios, it takes some splicing and what not, but you can do it. i had replaced my radio a while ago and talked to someone about it. the biggest problem they said that they shunned people away from it was the air bag sometimes would not deploy when needed after doing it! i took the $90 increase and got the better harness.... anyone else heard anything like that?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:40 AM

Still working on mine..... I only opted for the 5.99 harness...... still hooking it up now I'll let you know what i get.....
my buddy installed something very similiar and the only thing he lost was the 'audible' sound heard when there is a message in the message center, door chime while keys in ignition, and the door chimefor headlights (most of which typical car owners find annoying neways) also the 'oil life' indicator has to be reset an alternate way which i am sure a quick skim of the owners manual w could find out how to do........BUT i hear this is true with ALL harnesses unless you opt to keep your original head unit somewhere in the car (ex. trunk) may be wrong tho anyoneconfirm something different?

By the way.....Double-Din all the way baby!!

I also have another dillemma........

Anyone successfully gotten past the "parking break restriction" on certain head units ??
I have a 2003 and just upgraded to amultimedia aftermarket head unit that also does navigation and dvd playback. There is a "safety" precaution that does not allow simple tasks like enter an address to navigate to while driving or even stopped.... you must have the emergency break on...

this is accomplished by a wire that is connected directly to the wire that would light up the rede-brake indicator in the dash... now on some cars it has been worked around by making the car think that the ebrake is always on (older cars) but as we all know if you have tried this the 00-05 monte makes a very annoying dinging sound when it is put in gear if the car thinks the ebrake is on....

i guess my question is basically this: Anyone ever find a workaround (that does not have a very annoying side effect) to the e brake multimedia restriction?

thanks in advance for anyfeedback ......all is welcomed and encouraged

Old 03-04-2008, 08:17 PM

i had to replave the AVIC-N3 that i had in the Monte after the last few weeks. but till it was stolen, I have missed it. BUT Till then it was great!!! good GPS,GREAT DVD Play back, Great MP3's and WMA files etc......
Also a Great Sub That is non fading . so it had all i wanted in it and also a verry easy interface to learn quickly.
And the EQ was great also.

But im a Pioneer fan anyway.
I have see them on E,bay for less the 1000.00 and that is a new one not used. So that is actually a pretty good deal considering i paid more then 1500.00 for the last one I had.

I also looked at that Jensen or one like it. Thought it was a good system also. But already had the Subs,amp etc.. in Pioneer. shortly after i got the system in the amp was ruined thanks to a frend on a camping trip. and my stupidity for leavign it in a place it could get wet. and he left the trunk open while it was on. [:@][:@]