Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

New JL Audio system is IN!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Default RE: New JL Audio system is IN!

See, that's why I insist on doing my installs myself. It'll take longer to do, might even run into some situations where I don't have what I need to get the job done right then and there, but at the end of the day everything will be done to my specs and with the highest craftsmanship of my abilities. You shouldn't have any suprises right now, if anything wasn't done that you had specifically requested it should have been brought to your attention so you could ok the back up plan.

Also, the craftsmanship on that box leaves much to be desired. You can see that the plexi overhangs the box in areas and you can also see that they pressed the false wall/box cover against the plexi before the adhesive had dried on it causing the plexi to be "stained" with adhesive. I also don't like that they didn't put screws in the corners of the plexi panel and didn't finish the edges of the plexi at all.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:36 AM

very clean set up there and looks great keep up the great work Rockn

Old 05-29-2008, 08:10 AM

thanks RocknSS! that is a huge help. so when i purchased my amps, their inventory online said that the Mono amp i bought was in stock, the guy called me yesterday during work and left me a message saying that the mono i bought was on back order. which is a 06 kicker zx750. so he offered me the 08 kicker zx750 mono amp for the same price!!! the 08 is marked $200 more then the 06 on their website!!! now the other thing is the zx200 i bought will still be the 06 model.....should i upgrade so they look alike and just bite the extra cost to upgrade the zx200? both do the same the 08 is $70 more, they put out the exact same thing. just different looks

Old 05-29-2008, 06:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I stopped in there today, as we blew our transformer at the shop and we were shut down without power at 1:00 this afternoon. Yes, the amps ARE on a seperate rack, but they did not put quick connects on the box. That will be fixed. They will be using bettery terminal strips. Quick connects aren't good enough. ALL connections were soldered. I agree about the nox being finished not up to the highest standards, and some of that will be fixed, also. BTW, the speakers are mounted to 3/4" plexiglas. I'm going to build grill bars to protect the speakers, hoping to use the speaker mounting screws. Not sure yet, but grillz will happen. 5/16 diameter aluminum, I think. 4 per speaker.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04
I agree about the nox being finished not up to the highest standards, and some of that will be fixed, also. BTW, the speakers are mounted to 3/4" plexiglas. I'm going to build grill bars to protect the speakers, hoping to use the speaker mounting screws. Not sure yet, but grillz will happen. 5/16 diameter aluminum, I think. 4 per speaker.
Well at least they're gonna make it better for you, that's all you can ask for. Grills are a very good idea, especially with those nice subs you got there. I'm curious as to how you pull that off so post up some pics if you can of them once you get them fabricated.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:43 PM

Really nice setup
I know that cost you a pretty penny

Old 06-28-2009, 08:07 AM

very nice setup. im really impressed man. keep comin with more pix if possible