Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

my sound system project on my 04' monte

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Photobucket

I'll probobly take it active with an ms-8, i really don't think i can do active unless i loose the sub signal, than again i guess i could splice the sub input into the 6 1\2" 's feed that would esensialy be the low input but meh, i really don't like tuning, i dispise it tbh, thats why my euqalizer sitll sits at flat lol i'll tune it a bit once i get the 3 way system and the rear stage in. I'm looking at osme tang bang 6x9 woofers for the rear to fill up the cabin with some nice clean lows, and was gonna throw on one of them rubber bafels under the speaker engine on the rear deck to tighten up the bass.

Last edited by eviling; 07-21-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by eviling
I'll probobly take it active with an ms-8, i really don't think i can do active unless i loose the sub signal, than again i guess i could splice the sub input into the 6 1\2" 's feed that would esensialy be the low input but meh, i really don't like tuning, i dispise it tbh, thats why my euqalizer sitll sits at flat lol i'll tune it a bit once i get the 3 way system and the rear stage in. I'm looking at osme tang bang 6x9 woofers for the rear to fill up the cabin with some nice clean lows, and was gonna throw on one of them rubber bafels under the speaker engine on the rear deck to tighten up the bass.
Damn man, those MS-8 processors are bank! If you're spending that kind of money for a processor then I'd imagine sound quality is important to you but then you're talking about putting some by9's in the back which is counterproductive to that.

I think you should ditch the by9's and just build a strong front stage and throw your subs in there and call it a day.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Photobucket

Just got an email back from a local shop, i got a quote form them. as fallows -

"THE PILLAR PODS WILL MOST LIKELY BE AROUND $350-$400....THERE WILL BE AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF TIME INVESTED IN STAGING AND PLACEMENT BEFORE THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE PODS CAN EVEN BE STARTED. LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.YOUR BEST BET WILL BE TO BRING THE VEHICLE AND THE SPEAKERS OVER SO WE CAN GET TOGETHER AND FORMULATE A PLAN.THANK YOU."

if your thinking what i'm thinking...it's complete BS, theirs no way that'd cost them 400$ to do, they're just charging out the ***, even for the 3 hours of labor total that'd take thats like 150$ in hourly wages, at shop fees with overhead, + the 50$ in materical.

anyways, i'm seeing what they'll quote me on kick panels, it'll most likely be around the same. i'm probobly just going to end up doing this my self, but that's fine. i have a pretty good understanding on how to do it, and i should be able to handle it. still closeing the deal with my buddy over at DIY forums. should have that deal closed by this weekend.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:56 PM

I don't think that's complete BS, unless they have no intention on doing the necessary research and testing to find the ideal location and ideal aiming to achieve the ideal staging and imaging.

It's far more involved than just finding a spot they'll fit and glassing them in. I mean, it could be done that way.....just as you could drive the wrong way down a one way street.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Photobucket

lol yeah i iknow man but its still a bunch of malracy to me. anyways, ordered up some new parts,

ordered a new 220 amp alt, new ported box, 2.2 CF ported box, 12" JBL W12GTi MkII, got the key gromet for my dash, new dash kit for my deck comes this week, I just ordered up some mid woofers for my rear deck just to try it out, see how i like the staging, gonna drop in some 6x9 CVLW69, by cadence, 150 rms each side. should sound pretty nice and blend really nice into the cabin.

speakers and new A pillars come next week, silverbullet is hooking me up with a set. I dont know what im doing yet, i was considering some kick panels but i'll have to bend my parking break, and i really don't wanna do that.

Last edited by eviling; 07-27-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:19 PM

Those subs are beastly!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Photobucket

i know i'm super psyched, especily since it'll be the easiest upgrade on this project lol, just pop and drop. i'm pretty excited to hear that those mid woofers will sound like. they should do pretty good, they seem promising. also putting some foam baffles on them to seal them up to get a tighter sound.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Photobucket

got the terminals

got the sub

got the box

lets do it!

Old 08-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Photobucket

and installed

Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 AM

Nice! What amp do you have pushing that sub?

Quick Reply: my sound system project on my 04' monte