Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

More Interior Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:39 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default More Interior Lights?

All right, so I've installed my Comp 12's, Pioneer DEH 8300, and of course the foot-well LEDs. Now I'm looking for more, of course.

I'm thinking about buying some Superflux LED's from oznium and putting them in the air vents and other random hidden places. Stupid? Ricey? Maybe. Give me your thoughts. If you think it's a good idea, any how-to's out there? I know a little about the wiring and stuff, but drilling into the air vent openings and wiring to a switch would be different.

Second, I kind of want some 12" Neon rings for my subs. Best place to buy them? How to wire them? Sorta want them to pulse to the beat, but not if it means f'ing up my amp.

And on an unrelated note, my right rear turn signal bulb is pretty dim. So I need to replace. I want to get the 3057 Silverstars, though, and just replace both. I only need two bulbs, right? Not 4? JW.

Thanks for the help!

Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 PM

You only need 2. The turn signals use the top bulbs, brakes use the bottoms. I want to convert my foot well lights to LEDs, need some more light at night. I don't know about the vents, but I thought about doing a ring around my cup holder like on my father's Milan.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 PM

vents are a PAIN! trust me you dont wanna deal with that. i have foot well LEDs, dome lights, and strobe lights in my interior. look for my post in the visual sights categories for my post its titled boston photo shoot. i believe there should be a link there to see the lighting. i have wired individual LED bulbs inside cup holders to make water bottles glow which is cool, but you need to drill holes and be very carful when using your cup holders to not break the bulb. thers no limits to what you can do but check out streetglow.com they have ALOT of lighting things