6th Gen ('00-'05): Message center and radio compatibility - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums > Your Ride > Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics
Reload this Page >

6th Gen ('00-'05): Message center and radio compatibility

Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Message center and radio compatibility

Old 11-26-2018, 12:05 PM
Default Message center and radio compatibility

Ive been looking into installing one of those 7 inch touchscreen radio systems. But I don't want to lose the ability to reset the engine oil change message and those things. Do I need to stick with the single din to avoid this issue?
Thanks Y'all

Old 11-26-2018, 06:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you look in the owner's manual, I believe there is an alternate way to reset the Tire Life and Oil Life monitors. Key fob programming is done via the radio or with a GM Tech II. Some people relocated the factory radio elsewhere in the car to retain some of these functions.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac View Post
If you look in the owner's manual, I believe there is an alternate way to reset the Tire Life and Oil Life monitors. Key fob programming is done via the radio or with a GM Tech II. Some people relocated the factory radio elsewhere in the car to retain some of these functions.
Thanks, I'll take a look as soon as I get my Monte back.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:12 PM

We put a new touchscreen Pioneer in my 2001 Monte SS. New speakers too. We bought ours from Crutchfield.com. They sold us a kit to add on. All it does is warn if the seatbelt is not on, or if you leave your key in the ignition. I can say the chime is not very ear friendly. I can no longer program anything else. The oil light is from another sensor on mine. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.