Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Leaking water into interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
The issue is resolved now. I got the piece from Hendrick Automall in Durham and put it in this afternoon... hopefully that does the trick.

The old "seal" was laying on top of the cabin air filter. If it wasn't the whole problem, then it was definitely part of it.
Sounds like that was the culprit! Hopefully this is 100% of the problem and now fixed

Old 12-29-2012, 06:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sure it will make it Duane! Those were basically all maintenance items!
All except re painting it!

The hard parts pretty much over/Now its time to enjoy it for what it truely is! Ive had mine over 13 yrs...and ya maintenance is the key to owning any vehicle. Its truely a bummer about the interior flood...But, You now have that remedy'd with of course the help from our forum experts and WALLA...job completed!

Its obvious to me..Duane your a very accomplished mechanic,painter,Nascar Historian etc...None of those things sounds like a guy that doesnt mind a little time and effort to resolve,create, or research something...

Lets not forget...If you didnt own a Monte....Maybe you wouldnt have joined this forum?

I think its pretty obvious...Your appreciated here...Bcause you have a Monte as well as Your appreciation member participation and a chit load of info here to get things back in running order, As well as Many Many hop ups and performance related items!

My vote for you.... Keep It!

Old 12-29-2012, 04:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

STUMPI, I thank you for your kind words on my accolades there.

It seems like about every month this year the car needed something that cost $100-200 and took a while to install or fix. It just feels like since about December of last year to now it has just been something new every couple of weeks. I almost feel like my '68 Torino is more reliable.... craziness!

Old faithful just doens't feel as faithful as she used to be. I keep feeling like, "Well, I have most of the major maintenance things to go wrong on this car fixed...." and then it's something else.

So does anyone want to start taking bets on the rest of the parts on my car? I'm hoping not the transmission... just had it serviced about a year and half, 15,000 miles ago and the guy thought it looked really good. It had been serviced before that at about 55,000 miles so it has been serviced twice in 134,000 miles.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it might be a reasonable idea to retire the Monte Duane. But don't trade it in. Its not worth enough to trade in anyways. A new Mustang is a great idea, but negotiate without the Monte on the table. You're a collector of cars and a Nascar historian. I'm sure you can appreciate the dynasty of Monte Carlo. And even though its not a Ford, you'll want your Monte Carlo back one day if you trade it in.

If you got the space, retire the Monte to irregular or light duty. Its a collector to guys like us. And we won't have to revoke your MCF Pass!

Can't wait to see pics of the new Mustang! And its Nascar now too, even though they really bastardized it in the Nationwide series. That'll be a blast to drive at Charlotte, Martinsville, whatever...

Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy pre-8000 posts Duane!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:28 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Thank you for the congrats on the 8,000 post which I am making, it is this one that you are reading right now. It has been a long journey beginning in June, 2007, it has been a great run and I have seen many changes around here.... all the while myself, yourself, Taz, Space, and a few other long time members hold down this fort.

The Monte has served me so well for 54,000 miles and 5 years, 9 months as I write this post. It seems unjustified to spend you 8,000th post, a major landmark, trashing your car.

The car and I have many great memories together. Nights at the drag strip, breaking under 10 seconds in the quarter mile one night in late 2008. Wood drifting, a few unmentionable activities in the backseat wehre I became a man and some descriptions that aren't appropriate for a family forum, all those nights going to and from college, and just the overall faithful service of the car.

But I remark again that it is heartbreaking when old faithful starts doing these things to you every few months....