General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Water Leaking Into Passenger Cabin

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 11:34 PM
Default Water Leaking Into Passenger Cabin

So I had this problem very serious several years ago. Finally a mechanic fixed it, said it was something plugged I think? Only obviously a problem when it rains. It comes from under the dash, about the middle I think. Hard to tell it must be a small leak doesn't leave much of a trail but fills the passenger floor with a good couple inches of water. I have pulled the carpet up and have it propped up to try and dry out (never did that before looks kinda gross under there!). I'd rather not take it to a mechanic since it took about four trips for them to fix it (was always a "Oh while its here please look at this...").

I want to also get it in the garage next week with some fans, I assume the only way to keep the lights off with doors open is to disconnect the battery?

Also there used to be a sweet site I would use with the diagrams of all the sections of the monte carlo and you could pick the parts and get part numbers to buy online. Where is that, can't seem to find it?

THANKS!

Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 AM

There is a write up on it, I'll try to find the link, it ends up being a fairly simple and extremely inexpensive fix

Edit: Here you go! https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...lem-fix-26663/