Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

jensen? alpine? head unit question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Default jensen? alpine? head unit question

i've never really heard of the brand Jensen, i wanted to know if anybody has had a unit from them or knows about Jensen? they have a good priced in dash dvd unit, the only other good priced dvd unit was from Dual and i heard they suck, real bad

and the alpine unit i was thinkin bout was the alpine CDA-105, its a good unit all around, but i cant decide between the jensen unit or the alpine unit

i have a kenwood kdc 138, im lookin to upgrade, so idk if i should stick with the simple head unit like the alpine CDA-105 or go with the jensen VM9213?

help please

Old 10-05-2009, 02:54 AM

Jensen = K-Mart brand

Old 10-05-2009, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
Jensen = K-Mart brand
yup exactly, they are on or around the same line as dual, I would say if you can spend the extra money and get the alpine.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've always been a fan of Alpine...do not get the Jensen whatever you do!

I've had 2 Aplines in my truck, nothing overly fancy, just CD players, but they are great! The first one got stolen one night when my truck got broken into...so if you go aftermarket, make darn sure you ALWAYS remove the face plate. I started taking it in the house with me after my truck got broken into.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
Jensen = K-Mart brand

well if you put it that way, JVC is a walmart brand, you go to walmarts website and they have the JVC Kameleon AVX77, one of the best JVC single din units money can buy, a 600 dollar radio

i dont think just because its carried by a major retailer means its a cheap brand, i wanted to know quality and what store its in doesnt mean a thing, specially since pioneer and panasonic are carried by both walmart and k-mart and seem to have really good reviews

btw the jensen unit i was thinking of getting was the VM9213, look it up on crutchfield, ive heard just like alpine, jensen has been around the block for a longgg time, but we all gotta agree...... Dual sucks ***

Old 10-06-2009, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by SLAB_Ryder
well if you put it that way, JVC is a walmart brand, you go to walmarts website and they have the JVC Kameleon AVX77, one of the best JVC single din units money can buy, a 600 dollar radio

i dont think just because its carried by a major retailer means its a cheap brand, i wanted to know quality and what store its in doesnt mean a thing, specially since pioneer and panasonic are carried by both walmart and k-mart and seem to have really good reviews

btw the jensen unit i was thinking of getting was the VM9213, look it up on crutchfield, ive heard just like alpine, jensen has been around the block for a longgg time, but we all gotta agree...... Dual sucks ***
i think they just meant that it is more of a generic brand then alpine and after about two months of research i just got a jvc arsenal head unit and it is amazing i love it

Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by SLAB_Ryder
well if you put it that way, JVC is a walmart brand
uh, maybe not

Jensen is a brand that got the recognition it has due to one of it's biggest customers, K-Mart.

JVC got it's recognition by introducing Japans first TV's and developing the VHS format and is widely regarded as a pioneer in the electronics industry. They may be in WalMart now, but they didn't "blow up" as a result of the relationship.