Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

DLR's Think i have got them taken care of

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Default RE: DLR's Think i have got them taken care of

ORIGINAL: montejass

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

Yeah, $70 seems a little high, but if it does the trick it may be a worthy mod.

The other thing I started thinking about regarding DRL's is the run time on the bulbs. It seems that the less they are on the longer the bulbs will last. Wonder what the average burn life is to a stock bulb? It may be a non issue.
Yeah, $70 is a little steep for me for such a petty issue, especially when it will most likely be rectified once I upgrade my alt as needed to supply the extra juice for my system.

As for bulb life, your reasoning seems logical, although I'm not too sure it would really be an issue considering that our DRL's are the high beams run at low voltage. But on other Chevy's where the use auxillary bulbs, you see them burnt out all the time......Chevy trucks, Vette's, come to mind
Are you sure our DLR's run off of our highs? I thought for sure they were running off the outter (Lows) bulbs... I'll check it out this morning... Wonder if the SS runs different than the LS?
Yeah, im positive. On my LS, the inners are the DRL's.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:28 PM

My outter bulbs light up when my DRL's are on??? Could it be that the SS is a little different than the LS?? Odd..

Maybe some of our other members could post back which bulbs light up as your DRL's????

Old 09-28-2005, 04:56 PM

All i have seen , the highs light up for DRL's.. as does my SS.

tJ

Old 09-29-2005, 02:23 AM

My outter bulbs light up when my DRL's are on??? Could it be that the SS is a little different than the LS?? Odd..

Maybe some of our other members could post back which bulbs light up as your DRL's????
maybe the resident meth addict put yours together and got it backwards

Old 10-06-2005, 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

maybe the resident meth addict put yours together and got it backwards
Resident Meth Addict!!!! [sm=roll.gif]

I think I know why mine light up on the lows... I hid my photo sensor underneath the dash so it always thinks it's night...

I got my 893 Luminics Pure Blue fog lights in and they look great!!!! Nice crisp clean look and not all that bright either..