Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

DLR'S A New way to get rid of them for 6th Gen.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default DLR'S A New way to get rid of them for 6th Gen.

Ok folks i need to know if anyone has a extra rely they are willing to cut on LOL I cant do ti here it would take me a month to get a new rely. but i would love to know if it woirks or noit. I found this on another borad and would liek to find out if it works they havent said one way or the other right now. so till them it is up to me /us to find out I will keep you posted if they say it dose or not.
So if any of you try this please let me know the out ciome!!!!!!

" think I found a way to do this, you will need a new relay in case it dont, since im not sure. It will not damage any thing, dont worry. Take the drl relay and look at the bottom where the legs are numbered, you should find 30, 85,86,87, and 87a. what you need to do is cut off the leg numbered 87, this will keep the lights out, but allow the relay to still operate so the bcm will not turn on the check engine lite, and manual control of the headlights will still work. I'm 99% sure this will work. Make sure you only cut off leg number 87, not number 87a"

Old 05-22-2005, 03:11 AM
Default RE: DLR'S A New way to get rid of them for 6th Gen.

check out this link and see if there is any helpful info there. I had quite the "discussion" with some people from another board about DRL's, I think they are one of the most overrated "safety" features available. Anyway, here you go.
http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html

And here's another
http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html

Old 05-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

i have seen the articals on them but thanks,

I would care less about them if i could shut them off but i have to dim my lights when goign on base and if i dont they bitch a fit and have actually r\wrote a ticket to me for this i had to go fight to explain i have no controll over them.

they threw the ticket out but still bitch every time i go threw the gate about it.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:03 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i have seen the articals on them but thanks,

I would care less about them if i could shut them off but i have to dim my lights when goign on base and if i dont they bitch a fit and have actually r\wrote a ticket to me for this i had to go fight to explain i have no controll over them.

they threw the ticket out but still bitch every time i go threw the gate about it.

damn, that's wrong!

have you tried pressing your ebrake in just a single click? That may be enough to trip the switch and cut off the DRL's, try it.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:08 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah i have tried that
i have also tried pullng the fuse and the relay

thing is i wan to keep the suto head lights on the car if they reprogram it at the dealer you lose that and then have to sing you life away to get them taken off

not to mention lose the ins break you get for having them n the car.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:12 AM

yeah i have tried that
i have also tried pullng the fuse and the relay

thing is i wan to keep the suto head lights on the car if they reprogram it at the dealer you lose that and then have to sing you life away to get them taken off

not to mention lose the ins break you get for having them n the car.
Oh god, please don't get me started on the safety fraud that we know as DRL's. The one thing I like about having DRL's on this car is that they are dedicated. On my Taurus, they were the low beams run at a low voltage, the dingy light output was horrid. I really disliked em cause I couldn't turn em off in the daytime when I was bumpin' my system cause they would dim h:

Old 05-25-2005, 03:56 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

lol hell im waitng for them to burn out but im sure that will throw a code to

Old 05-25-2005, 04:23 AM

lol hell im waitng for them to burn out but im sure that will throw a code to
lol

easy way to find out, take the bulbs out :idea:

Old 05-25-2005, 04:28 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah that might work huh LMAO!!!

but actually im think of puttign my strobes in there and hooking a switch in to them

Then i can switch them off and on with the strobes and not worrie about it anymore LOL

Old 05-25-2005, 04:36 AM

yeah that might work huh LMAO!!!

but actually im think of puttign my strobes in there and hooking a switch in to them

Then i can switch them off and on with the strobes and not worrie about it anymore LOL
you plan on entering car shows and stuff?

Quick Reply: DLR'S A New way to get rid of them for 6th Gen.