Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Changing time on radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Changing time on radio?

I tried to hold the H & M buttons below the bottom dial to change the clock on my 01 Monte, and all it does is display "NO UPDAT". I understand that it uses the radio station it's on to get the time...but I tried every FM station (and a few AM) I could find and got the same results.

Is there any way to change the clock without relying on this update function?

Thanks!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

do you have the owners manual? if not see the below copy and paste post below.... gooduck, I hope it helps.....

Today, 09:42 AM
Taz

CALM DOWN...
You're upsetting the guard moose.
2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Good Morning everyone.

Today's the day I need to catch up on a ton of stuff.

I found the page on GM's website where they have download-able .PDF (Adobe Acrobat Reader) files of owners manuals. They have 1999 to 2007 Monte Owner's Manuals available online.

I'm not sure if you need an account to access the manuals or not. So I'll put the link below. If someone is willing to give it a try to see if it will allow you to download the manuals without an account. I downloaded all the manuals for 99 to 07. Just incase the link doesn't work for people, I can email the PDF file for the year you need.

This is from GM Canada's website. I couldn't find the info on the U.S. site. But the manuals are the same for the U.S. and Canada.

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/owner_ce...ources/manuals

At the bottom of the page, you need to select the make, model and year. So the link should work for all GM cars. Not just Montes. Hopefully. Please let me know if it works for you or not. If it works, I'll post the link in the self help section or somewhere appropriate.

Edit: To save it, use the save file icon (picture of a floppy disk) when the file opens up in Acrobat Reader. Right clicking didn't work for me.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

try changing it while in the cd function, see if that will work, i've never heard of them updating off of the station

Old 12-21-2010, 12:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I know aftermarket decks can change clock according to the radio. mine does even though its actually always comeing from the gps unit so ill never have to adjust the clock again yay lol..

I would look in the owners manuel it should say. I didnt have the stock deck long enough to remember how to do it haha.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:53 AM

Hold the "H" button down to increase the hour by one each time (it'll start flipping forward once it starts, keep holding it down if you need to adjust it by a few hours), and hold down the "M" button to increase the minute the same way. Pretty simple honestly.

-Riggs.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by davidcope
I tried to hold the H & M buttons below the bottom dial to change the clock on my 01 Monte, and all it does is display "NO UPDAT". I understand that it uses the radio station it's on to get the time...but I tried every FM station (and a few AM) I could find and got the same results.

Is there any way to change the clock without relying on this update function?

Thanks!
The problem is that u tried changing the time with the radio on, lol. you have to turn the radio off first and then press the H and M buttons as needed. I've never heard of the radio getting the time from the radio station, thats news to me, if that were the case how would it be able to display the correct time when playing a cd or when he car is off? But yeah, turn the radio off then adjust the time FTW!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:44 PM

Ok let me clarify for some of you that don't know. Some radio stations send "Time Information" with their broadcasts just like they send text. If you've every seen the "Info" button light up on your radio then you press the info button and see whatever it is, usually song info it's the same thing. In my area all of the stations owned by Clear Channel send time data with their broadcast so holding the "H" and "M" button will update my clock with the station's clock data.

It doesn't constantly keep getting info from the radio station -- it's a one time sync, basically it just types in the current time for you at least whatever time the station is sending.

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 12-23-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:32 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't think I like that idea.... I want the radio to say what I want it to say!!!

Maybe this is why my cars radio keeps getting like 3-4 minutes off....

Old 12-25-2010, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member

Yep you guys were right, all I had to do was hold the H and M buttons individually - I feel like a dumbass now, but thanks for all the replies!!