Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

car alarm issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Photobucket
Default car alarm issues

I droped an alarm in my monte with a car starter, and i'll tell you one thing, this car is a night mare to work on, a few mysterys abound this car, first of whitch is there was a key chain controler i was given with the car, that basicly allowed the car to start, with out pushing this button, the car would not start..i assumed it was after market but my buddy and I were completly unable to find anything

anyways, the heart of the current problem is the alarm is continuously going off, my thoughts are one of the diodes separating the extra switches i put into the system are faulty or reversed in some way shape or form.

another problem we had with this car, i'm not entirely sure on the details I wasn't completely involved in this part, but the unlock mechanism, we used a double relay array, and wired it with some resisters (for what purpose i am not sure) but with the wrong resisters the alarm does not switch the locks at all, so just throwing that out there, if you're having problems, look into this.

any thoughts on the alarm going off constantly? my buddy lives in jersey who worked on it, he's gonna replace all the diodes to make sure that's fixed than, but i wanted to get some other input from others who might know a thing or two.

the components. -

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...RS915LCD-.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...cted+509U.html - switch

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-507M-Digital...0#ht_600wt_911 - tilt sensor

and a battery back up.

there is also a hood trigger, which is wired to the trunk trigger, and the tilt and ultra sonic sensor are wired up to that trigger wire as well. all separated by diodes of course.

I of course have turned down all the sensitivity's of the sensors, and even with the ultra sonic switch unplugged it is still going off every 1-10 mins, it's completely random, but a certainty, whether it takes 20 mins or 30 seconds it happens with out a doubt.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Photobucket

the problem was found, it was the computer, every time it was shutting down, whitch takes aprox 8-10 mins. it was setting off one of the triggers, even with the dyodes, it still some how got through, to resolve this, i isolated the trigger circuits with relays, problem was resolved.