Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

BLACKED OUT:Tail Light's & Reverse Light's

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Do you realize that the whole light is a fully enclosed assembly? You can't just take the red piece off and have both sides to shoot. What everyone is saying is that you open the trunk and pull back the carpet a little. Undo 3 little wing-nuts and the whole tail light assembly basically falls off the car.

Then you have access to the brake light bulbs and such. It's much easier to tape off that way, you just use one piece of tape basically and go around the perimeter of the red.

The reverse lights are the same. 2 Torx screws, and the whole assembly falls off the car. Unscrew the bulb and you just cover that small hole and paint.
I Get wat your saying and understand. But again I did it the fastest and quickest way. I know how to take the tail light off and the reverse light. I didn't want to because of time and because honestly I didn't need too. Like i sayed before I have a life time warranty so if for any reason something were to happen I can take it back and get it re-done at no charge.

My friend simply taped off the light's as u can see in the 1st pix. I checked and doubled check and he did a great job and he is actually the one guy A LOT of people go to on this texas forum. To get their stuff blacked out from tail's,parking light's and even inside the car such as that panel on my car that looks carbon fiber but is really just like a sticker that is now starting to peel in small spots.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

^Exactly...

And not just that but who says, because the lenses are removed from the car to make it easier to paint that you have to paint both sides?? Why? Just paint one side... IDK. lol

Old 02-15-2010, 04:54 PM

i dont see why you guys care so much why he didnt remove the lights. it looks nice end of story. i personally thought he didnt remove them so he could hit the lights and see if he wanted to go darker. either way it doesnt matter the lights are painted already and they came out how he wanted.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
i dont see why you guys care so much why he didnt remove the lights. it looks nice end of story. i personally thought he didnt remove them so he could hit the lights and see if he wanted to go darker. either way it doesnt matter the lights are painted already and they came out how he wanted.
THANKS! Someone feel's what I am talking about.
Everyone has their own lil style or flare to themselves and their car's if they LOVE car's,like I do. So what one person like's someone else may not like. I honestly didn't care if the light's were going to be taking off or not. I got a hell of a deal and life time warranty and it was done in less than 30 min.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by rickakated10
^exactly...

And not just that but who says, because the lenses are removed from the car to make it easier to paint that you have to paint both sides?? Why? Just paint one side... Idk. Lol
lol

Old 02-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
x2 you beat me to it monteman! i think it's cool that he prefer painting the tail over nite shading it. not many people i see here have their tail lights painted why not be different!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 AM

It came out real nice.
You gotta get the 3rd brake light, it doesn't look right.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 AM

i agree, stop making such a fuss since its not your car. it came out nice regardless and he did say he was getting the third light from ebay. do you people read each others comments?! Mex, keep doing what you do!

Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 AM

More pix after you get that vinyl overlay! Looks really nice! I sooo need to black out my tails.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
x2 you beat me to it monteman! i think it's cool that he prefer painting the tail over nite shading it. not many people i see here have their tail lights painted why not be different!
Yes sir!

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
It came out real nice.
You gotta get the 3rd brake light, it doesn't look right.
O,I'm waiting for the "MONTE CARLO" 3rd light vinyl I bought for 1.99 on e-bay to come in any day now lol