Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

BLACKED OUT:Tail Light's & Reverse Light's

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 04:42 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think jarhead * a member here* made it for him.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:30 AM

looks good. now all you have to do is blackout that bowtie.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
I think jarhead * a member here* made it for him.
O okay cuz I know that didn't come stock lmfao or else I would of been VERY MAD RIGHT NOW

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
looks good. now all you have to do is blackout that bowtie.
Was thinking to black it out but i think ill take the gold off and leave it silver and put SS in the front of the chevy emblem in black.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by Mex24x
Because I wasn't trying to MURDER OUT the tail light's I wanted some red to show thru. Plus it's faster that way then to just take them off. I didn't want to paint them inside either because like I said I wanted to black them out but not PITCH BLACK. PLUS I HAVE A LIFE TIME WARRANTY SO I CAN GO BACK ANYTIME I WANT TOO TO GET THEM RE DONE FOR ANY REASON'S.
Honestly, that really doesn't answer the question, but whatever. I'm sure it looks good, it just doesn't make sense to us.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Honestly, that really doesn't answer the question, but whatever. I'm sure it looks good, it just doesn't make sense to us.
To make it a faster process we didn't take off the lights. Plus I didn't want them PITCH BLACK like the other people on here's Monte. Mine you can still see sum red showing thru
RAINY DAY

Old 02-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Time to do the 3rd brake light or use a vinyl overlay

Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by Mex24x
To make it a faster process we didn't take off the lights. Plus I didn't want them PITCH BLACK like the other people on here's Monte. Mine you can still see sum red showing thru
The first part makes sense, but not the second. What does leaving them on the car matter about how dark they would be? lol

And it's also time to black out the bow tie.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:14 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The first part makes sense, but not the second. What does leaving them on the car matter about how dark they would be? lol

Confused me too.... Looks great though. Idk why but I like blacked out montes.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Time to do the 3rd brake light or use a vinyl overlay
I am I'm waiting for my "MONTE CARLO" vinyl to come in the mail. Bought it from E-bay for $1.99.

Because if I were to take the light's off such as the reverse lights. They would get spray painted ON BOTH SIDE'S OF THE LIGHT.
I JUST WANTED THE OUTSIDE PART TO BE PAINTED BLACK. IF u think about it...if you take off the light then spray the front part (part that shows) and then you spray the back part obviously it's going to LOOK DARKER BECAUSE IT'S SPRAYED PAINTED BLACK ON BOTH SIDE'S INSTEAD OF JUST ONE SIDE. The light will not show thru as MUCH.

Texas laws are really strict when it come's to blacking out your tail's and people get pulled over all the time for HID's that are too bright. O n that bow tie is in process too lol I'm going to take off the golden part and then add "SS" in the middle of the chevy emblem in black to match with the car color and the back emblem I'm still depending on the color. I want to do it red but iono NOT SURE IT WILL LOOK RIGHT.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Do you realize that the whole light is a fully enclosed assembly? You can't just take the red piece off and have both sides to shoot. What everyone is saying is that you open the trunk and pull back the carpet a little. Undo 3 little wing-nuts and the whole tail light assembly basically falls off the car.

Then you have access to the brake light bulbs and such. It's much easier to tape off that way, you just use one piece of tape basically and go around the perimeter of the red.

The reverse lights are the same. 2 Torx screws, and the whole assembly falls off the car. Unscrew the bulb and you just cover that small hole and paint.

Quick Reply: BLACKED OUT:Tail Light's & Reverse Light's