Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Auto On Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 03:25 AM
Default Auto On Headlights

Any clue on how to disable the "Auto On" Headlight feature? The DRL's can be disable by just painting the photo sensor black, or my taping over it, or relocating it under the dash.

I have HID's in my ride, what I wish to accomplish is to have the headlights NOT come on when the car is remote started. I want all the light out when the headlight switch is all the way in. Then I want the parking lamps on after a single click, and the headlights on, when the switch is all the way pulled out. I think the Auto On and the DRL's have caused damage to one of my ballast, and I"m not happy about it.

The problem is, that the lights come on when the car is remote started, then when the starter engages the lights have to quickly power down and restart. I think it's killing the ballast.

I want to be able to turn them on, when I get in the car. How can I do this???

Keep in mind that on the 2005, the DRLs are the low beams, not the high beams.

-Anthony

2005 MC

Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Auto On Headlights

i think what you need to do is find the actual day time running light module and disconnect it...

i haven't ventured into this with my monte, but when i had my truck thats all i did to get the parking lights to come on without the headlights on...and when the switch was completely off there were no lights on what so ever...

the only downside of doing this was that the little indicator that the highbeams were on didn't work anymore

just the part underneath the headlight came on when i switched it to the first stage and it looked pretty good...but i can't find a pic of it with the lights like that on this computer...but

the part with the orange bulbs is what came on and then i could turn the fog lights on
without having the headlights on...looked mean that way

Old 02-08-2007, 01:14 PM

I haven't done alot with this either, but the way I read it here is that pulling the DRL relay causes the SES light to come on. I haven't found a relay for the Auto headlights though.

Nice F'N truck dude!

Old 02-08-2007, 11:19 PM

So far, the only work around for the DRL's can be found at BBengineer.com

This is the reason I haven't gotten HID's, I heard about this issue and decided not to bother with it.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:49 AM

perhaps if the 2 fixes I'm working on pay off, you'll be able to have them. I'm working on it because I currently have HIDs.