Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Adding a CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Default Adding a CD Changer

I posted a similar question in the wrong category by mistake, so I thought I'd move it over here.

Can I / what do I need to install a CD changer in my Supercharged 05 SS with the premium factory system? The head unit indicates that it could be hooked up to a changer b/c the CD button also says AUX, and there is a light on the dissplay indicating multiple CDs (under the single CD light). I want a direct connect changer, not an RF modulated one. The reason I ask is b/c I don't want to tear my dash apart just to see if there is an input, and when I selected the car on Crutchfield.com, it said no products were compatible.

Thanks!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Default RE: Adding a CD Changer

[align=center]Hi `Matt,[/align][align=center]Have you checked with your local Chevrolet dealership[/align][align=center]for information/advice ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Check out the below links, and see if they provide any[/align][align=center]useful information. Oh, post some pic's of your[/align][align=center]05 SuperCharged SS : )[/align][align=center]Be Patience, and I'm sure that a member will post[/align][align=center]additional information for you.[/align][align=center]Have you consider adding a I-Pod ?[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
Soundgate Kngm1 : Cables Parts / Wiring Installation / Car A...
Soundgate Kngm1 Kenwood Cd Changer Interface For Gm (soundgate Kngm1) (soundgate ... Allows for the installation of a Kenwood 6 or 10-disc CD changer, ...
www.beachaudio.com/Soundgate/Kngm1-p-10837.html - 45k - Similar pages
http://www.beachaudio.com/Soundgate/Kngm1-p-10837.html
Car Audio and Video Accessories - Shopping.com
The JVC/J-RCA is designed to convert the J-Link CD-changer port of selected ... GM Onstar LAN Data bus Interface Lets you install an aftermarket receiver in ...
www.shopping.com/xDN-car_audio_and_video_accesso... - 94k - Similar pages
http://www.shopping.com/xDN-car_audi...eo_accessories
[align=center][/align][align=center]Car Audio CD Changers - PriceGrabber.com [/align]Compare prices for Car Audio CD Changers from top brands such as Pioneer, ... case with some less-compact CD changers. Installation is further simplified. [b

Old 11-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Default RE: Adding a CD Changer

Endo, I don't know if there is a factory CD changer for an 05, but I can tell you I had an 05 LS with Premium factory system and on the back of your radio there is no AUX input. You can get a Harness that can give you two AUX inputs. But the changer will not be controlled by the Stock Head unit.
You can get it from PAC audio or me lol. I still have it if you want to pay shipping you can have it for free I have no use for it otherwise here is the unit new from PAC audio. Part number is AAI-GM12 if you have XM and want to keep it. If no XM then use AAI-GM24. I have the first one cuz I wanted to keep XM. I was able to connect my CarPC and My MP3 player and the sound was great. Installation is easy directions were good and their tech support was excelent when I had a question on which unit to use.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/pr...iliary%20Input

Added: This is my correspondance with their tech support if it is of any help.

Good luck with the install and I hope you enjoy our product.

Sam Grove
Tech Support
Pacific Accessory Corporation
(714)835 - 3022
pac-audio.com[/align]

[hr]
[/align]Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 8:19 AM
To: samg@pac-audio.com
Subject: RE: The PAC AAI-GM24 Unit Question
[/align]
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I just purchased the AAI - GM12.

Thank you

[/align]

[/align]

[hr]
[/align]From: Sam Grove [mailto:samg@pac-audio.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:09 AM
Subject: RE: The PAC AAI-GM24 Unit Question

The AAI – GM24 will work but you have to disconnect the XM radio. If you use the AAI – GM12 you can keep the XM radio and also have the dual auxiliary inputs.

Sam Grove
Tech Support
Pacific Accessory Corporation
(714)835 - 3022
[i][b]pac-audio.com