Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

OEM In Dash 6 Disc Changer in 00 MC SS???

Old 01-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Default OEM In Dash 6 Disc Changer in 00 MC SS???

I'm wondering what problems I may incur trying to put a OEM In Dash Disc Changer in my car? I've heard that it's supposed to be too big, but my Uncle said that he could get it in there. Here's a pic of it:

Old 01-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Default RE: OEM In Dash 6 Disc Changer in 00 MC SS???

yeah it will fit that is a dubbel din deck and the same size as the one that came with th enew montes.

it shoudl be plug and play if he has the stuff needed to install it.
the radios have to be programed in the cars now for them to allow everythign to work on it correctly.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:04 AM

That appears to be the deck from a Trailblazer or Full-Size truck...

You need to double check the pinout on the radio versus the pinout on the factory harness... if I remember correctly, they aren't the same and you'll need to re-pin the harness

You will also need to have your MC SS VIN number programmed into the radio (once it's installed) by a dealer or someone with a Tech-II

BBEngineer

Old 01-14-2007, 04:25 PM

Thats a nice radio man, where did you get it? What did it come out of?

Old 01-14-2007, 06:27 PM

thansk for sayign it that way . I was sayign yes it would fit in the hole for the car.
it is a dubbel din stereo so it will defently fit the whole in the dash. it is the same size as the one in the car now.
not sure what you paid for it but if not to much you can also leave the stereo you have now in place and just add a external changer. they have the FM modualator versions out and they really are not the expensive .

Old 01-14-2007, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: White05LT

Thats a nice radio man, where did you get it? What did it come out of?
Oh it's not mine. I haven't bought one yet. That's just a pic of one. There's several Ebay auctions with them. I think that one came out a Denali. At one time I heard that 03+ ones wouldn't work in my car, but they used to put them in 00 Ventures/Sihoulettes etc. So I might have to get one of those. I'm going to have my unc check the pins in the back of them tomorrow or Tuesday at work. I've heard of the ones with the FM modulator, but it's just something about the in dash one that draws me to it.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:43 PM

Here's a pic of the pins on the back of the radios.
Here is the CD Changer:

Here is the one like mine:

Old 01-14-2007, 11:17 PM

anyone know if after doing this your monte, does it still have the radio features to reset the oil life/tire monitor/lighting options and all that other stuff?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:02 AM

Its not the physical connector I was speaking about (they are the same for the Monte & the SUV radios), it's the order of the wires in the connector... I looked briefly at an 02 Trailblazer radio pinout and it appears it's very close... you should be able to do it with minimal (if any) wiring changes

No, the SUVs use the DIC in the cluster to program car options, so you will lose that ability if you put in an SUV radio

BBEngineer

Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 PM

I have an 05 LT, with the same radio with the exception of the tape player. My question is, will this work, with the Onstar settings and the oil life, alarm setting....blah blah blah? Any wiring issues? Or would it just be easier to get a changer with an FM modulator? Please advise. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM In Dash 6 Disc Changer in 00 MC SS???