Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

2006 GM LAN Amplifier Adapter PAC AOEM GM1416

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Default 2006 GM LAN Amplifier Adapter PAC AOEM GM1416

First, I am re-posting this to Audio/Visual because I misinterpreted the purpose of the Sights & Sounds thread. Without further adieu,I just bought a PAC AOEM GM1416 off of Ebay for $44.49 including shipping. This is a brand new adapter for the GM LAN systems, and enables a plug in pre-amplifier front & rear RCA preamplifier outputs, while still retaining the ability to use the stock amp.

I intend to use this to incrementally upgrade my sound, first by running both front & rear rca's from the head unit (I don't think it can be installed at the amplifier, unfortunately), then installing a descent sub-woofer/amplifier combo while retaining my stock front & rear speakers. Eventually, resources permitting, I will be upgrading the rest of the speakers. Either way, it is nice to finally be able to have a plug & play output as opposed to the possible hatchet job of some less than meticulous installers.

http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/listallaoem.asp

Old 02-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Default RE: 2006 GM LAN Amplifier Adapter PAC AOEM GM1416

Kennster, will this disable the factory speakers, or will I be able to run a sub off of the outputs from this guy?

Old 02-27-2007, 04:44 AM

I love mine and yes the whole point is thatyou can continue to use your stock amplifier and speakers while adding the oooooh so important subs.Works like a charm. I bought the Bazooka Dual 10" Subs, 300W Amp and Enclosure Package (EL10190PP) from CircuitCity.com for $214.00 including shipping (was in store). It's currently $250.00 but a great deal. Had it installed by local 'Car Stereo Shoppe' of Brandon, Fl, and they did OK job. I bought premium cables, etc, thinking I might want to run amp for front and rear, but all I can say is I won't be doing that... if I do anything it will be replacing my stock speaker's cones with new cones from my local Tampa Speaker Exchange.

The system kicks a$$! I can't believe how hard these subs hit (including installation and the kit, I paid about $450.00 for the whole getup). I also have to say my appreciation of the system isn't a study of lowered expectations: I have had custom systems in every car I have owned since I was 17. I had about $3000.00 in my old camaro z28's system, including a monster alpine amp running mono into a custom box with two older 12" kickers, alpine 4 channel amp for fronts and rears, Boston Acoustics Satellite 6"1/2 inch separates in the front, etc... and all I can say is this system stock sounds as good or better, plus as I mentioned it's pretty much all stock!

You can't go wrong with that kit off of circuit city, and if you don't like it, it'll sell in your local flyer quick, and $250.00 bones isn't a huge amount of money to eat if you don't like em, but let me tell you, they f'n rock !!!!! (and thump, etc).

Old 02-27-2007, 10:32 PM

Good looking box, I just wish they listed dimensions. (overall) If I didn't have one I'd probably pick it up. So that's a vented/bandpass box eh? I really need to hear a bandpass box sometime, I've always run sealed, which is what I'm (soon to be) running. I've got two JL 12" subs with a 300W Baja amp. I'd look at buying a nice vented box for them, but the one I've got just fits the Monte so darn perfect, it's like having a custom built box. I got it second hand from a friend, really good deal. I spent almost as much on wires and stuff to put it in as I bought the whole thing for!

So I'm planning on picking up that unit you talked about, do you have any suggestions to get a remote aux input line? (to hide behind thedash) I have sattelite radio and i'd like to be able to wire it up directly without a cable hanging to the aux input on the face unit.

Thanks for the info!