General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

2006+ Monte Carlo Owners w/ GM LAN System Rejoice !

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Default 2006+ Monte Carlo Owners w/ GM LAN System Rejoice !

OK, maybe not rejoice, but I just bought a PAC AOEM GM1416 off of Ebay for $44.49 including shipping. This is a brand new adapter for the GM LAN systems, and enables a plug in pre-amplifier front & rear RCA preamplifier outputs, while still retaining the ability to use the stock amp.

I intend to use this to incrementally upgrade my sound, first by running both front & rear rca's from the head unit (I don't think it can be installed at the amplifier, unfortunately), then installing a descent sub-woofer/amplifier combo while retaining my stock front & rear speakers. Eventually, resources permitting, I will be upgrading the rest of the speakers. Either way, it is nice to finally be able to have a plug & play output as opposed to the possible hatchet job of some less than meticulous installers.

http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/listallaoem.asp

Old 03-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Default RE: 2006+ Monte Carlo Owners w/ GM LAN System Rejoice !

can we still run high imputs from the speakers to the amp?? i was planning on doing this soon. will that work??

Old 03-27-2007, 06:35 PM

I don't see why not... I think you'll end up with cleaner sound using the kit though. I can't get enough of mine! I can't believe I only paid $214.00 for my amp/speaker/box combo, it is loud! Plus, the entire system sounds louder because I usually have the base set at it's lowest or next to lowest setting. I let my XM satellite contract lapse: I don't know about the rest of you, but XM sound quality is like listening to 96 kbps mp3's... or worse. I usually just plug my laptop into my aux in port... which sounds delicious.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:58 AM

when i had my 05 Rumble Bee i could not run high lvl inputs. there was some weird signal that the head unit used and they would not work without a $80 box to convert the signal or replacing the head unit. that was not a option for me since i spring for the Nav unit and i was not taking that out. I was wondering if the SS was the same? seems car companys love tomake things hard to work with sometimes.. lol.. so it uses the standard singnal and i can use my high lvl inpuits?

Old 03-28-2007, 03:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

This thread has totally peaked my interests. I didn't know about LAN capabilities.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:45 AM

Lol, I've already installed the PAC unit that I purchased from thebettersource.com. Unfortunately when best buy installed my amp, they fried it. I'm currently working on a replacement and I am incredibly anxious to get it! The unit was very easy to install, and doesn't seem to effect anything with my stock stereo at all. I haven't been using the input port, so I don't know if that would be effected, but I highly doubt it. It's worth a try Tony, for the price, being less than twice the cost of standard LOC's, and you don't have to hack any stock wiring (read: no ill effects on your warranty).

Old 03-29-2007, 12:47 AM

Oh, one thing I should mention. Best buy noticed that the blue wire they provide actually doesn't give a good remote signal. Apparantly it's constantly on, and would have left my amp on at all times. You might want to watch for that.