Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

2004 silver bullet monte carlo SQ build

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 PM
3 Year Member

still nothing? wow you guys must be more into gear heads than tech heads

computers working put in a video card i had laying around and it worked fine. i tried using the onboard video and it just wasn't working anymore, i don't know what happened ive never had onboard fail with out effecting something else so this is strange but at least it works :\

unfortunatly after i was done testing i went to unplug this 40$ proritery cable from lilliput and the tip came off, so now i am up the creek with out a paddle once again -_- **** my life

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 08-11-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 PM
3 Year Member

change order. switched to standard deck, experiment over. honestly no real reason, just tired of jumping through hoops to achieve htings and just want to finish the project. to much thinking is involved and im getting nowhere, so i got me a alpine s920HD, installed it with a new harness. had a little oppsy with my alarm, accidently unplugged the unit pacialy in a way that left it running on my external battery untill it got to a point where it locked down while the alarm was going off. it did this to its self by triggering its self by the trunk sensor, a built in feature for what ever god awful reason that forces you to remove the back up battery and amend the situation. i havn't yet but the alarm is temporarlity down untill i get in their but i need to get some socket pieces to get the plate off the knee panel.

anyways, got that deck in working great, re ran a new remote wire, ran the gps antena, mic for bluetoth behind visor like ive done in the past with other units. had to trash the mount though it was pretty poorly design, pioneer had a better mounting system and didn't force me to cut up the bracket to mount it with out the clip.

did a full review of the product as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgQN_...mbedded]Alpine

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 09-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 AM

Just to let you know, I am waiting for more ...

Old 11-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks good! I kinda forgot about this thread, everything kept getting pushed back in the interior audio subgroup so I never saw it.

I hope you can get that car-puter to work that would be awesome, my buddy has one in his Jetta.

What issues were you actually having?

Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 PM
3 Year Member

ive acculy begone changing things again. currently the L8's are in the doors, the leviathan is sitll int he car running them right now with the alpine head unit. sorry i haven't been keeping it up to date, i thought people weren't following, i havnt even been updating my diyma.com thread either and that one has at least 20 people following it but with out real progress it just annoys people to update sometimes :P

so, the new layout is -

jbl 660 gti Mkii 2 way (Ran passive in doors or kicks, glassed in of course with wave guide hopfully)

sound stream HRU.4 4x150RMS @ 4 ohm (over rated from what i hear, but such an incredibly low noise floor this amp)

L8V1's remain, possibly moved to kicks but we'll see. 660s in the doors in this case, or vise versa.

masconi AS 300.2 (little italian love in their)

morel Ultimo 12 (a world renound sub known for its incredible low end transparency. this is a purley SQ build we've pretty much droped the Loud pretense in this concept, the speakers sub are aranged to be picked up cash in my hand. the HRU.4 is on its way and paid for, the L8s i of course own, the masconi is from the room mate of the guy im buying the morel and the 660's from. so, this project should be slated to get off the ground in the next few weeks and depending on when i have enough time, we'll see if i can get this done before the spring :P

so as you can see, its a bit simpler. using a pre built speaker system instead of mix match drivers. although the L4se's are wonderful...i just want to keep things simple for awhile. processing is yet to be determined, the s930hd has a nice little 7 band eq and T\A so i might just be running with some DSP simple processor.

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 11-10-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
3 Year Member

so, as some of you know. a few changes to come,

sound stream HRU.4 + Sound stream ref 1.1000

speakers - L8v1's retained, JBL 660gti comp set ran with passive cross overs in kicks, door panels, or perhaps a mix, we'll see. i don't think i want to move my 8's and i do have em pretty deadened in already, might be worth just finishing that.

sub will be a morel ultimo12 D4. 1k watt off the ref. SS amp.

so, some changes, simplafied the project. I honestly cna't give a sane reason for why i've done what i've done...and why i continue to do what i do, but i do it all in the persuit of audio, and that my friends is what is all about.

minator sold, R2's sold, L4's not sold. leviathan not sold. M16 not sold (possible trade in works?) computer sold, carputer screen - not sold!!, so if anybody found any of this interesting hit me up

so, in local news. big ****ing storm tears **** up -

this is accualy a tree i've known my entire life....this tree is 3 miles from my house and stands in a little field next to a big church. 70 MPH winds and the tree held...the roots were apparently to short to keep it in the ground? go figuire. amazing in person, you can see in contrast to that flag pool, that tree is at least 3x as tall. the hill of dirt you see is 6 feet across and standing next to it, it is nearly as tall as me at 5' 10" ...crazy the power of wind eh?

lost power from monday night 8:30PM till thursday afternoon 3:32pm. ...i listned to allot of music :\

moving on! so, i do have a few things..well really only one thing has arrived thats been ordered, the SS HRU.4 came in yesterday...and it is a beautiful machine.

You may of also noticed i';ve not slated a plan for Sound processoing..as a theme this was a simplified build. although im still considering a 3sixty.3 i'm also considering not running any procesisng at all. run super simple.

so, i have the alpine S920HD. which has a 7 band Parametric EQ, with 3 presets, and full T\A apparently. could do some cross over with the rear outs and just manage the T\A acordenly.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 AM

Hi Ray. Copy paste working for you alright?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Hi Ray. Copy paste working for you alright?
can't hand write them for every forum I woudlnt mind your input, i was hoping you'd chime in lol their are few ont he interwebs as familuar with my car as you are

got my ref 1.1000 today. man this thing is beautiful...i mean honestly i am falling in love with these amps. talked with the seller of my amps today, picking up my 660 gti's and the ultimo12 tomorrow.

the rail style heat sink clastic chasie with a dark deep blue with a nice sheen, this amp just loosk beautiful.

Last edited by walkingonabullet; 11-16-2012 at 05:48 PM.