Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

2004 silver bullet monte carlo SQ build

Old 10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
3 Year Member
Default 2004 silver bullet monte carlo SQ build

alright, the old log is far to long. to many people are messaging me asking about old setups, so we're starting over.

The setup ----

the gear ----

amps -
Clarion ----

Clarion DPX 2251 x2

, JL audio -----
JL Audio A6450 6 channel

Alpine -----

ALpinePDX 1.1000 (tenativly)

speakers ----

Hybrid audio -
Legatia L8v1
Legatia L4SE
Legatia L1R2
possible L3SE\L4SE center

DLS ------

DLS refference 1073 rear fill (switchable for cruising and competing)

JBL ------

JBL w15GTI MKII (ran IB)

processing -------

Rocket fosgate 3Sixty.3

Head Unit

Pioneer Avic Z130BT

here are some wiring pictures on how I ran my wires.

some eye candy -

Old 10-09-2011, 10:59 PM

great set up! the wiring is very clean.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:36 AM
3 Year Member

ordered some wire -

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...im/diymacom-20

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...im/diymacom-20

got my RTA gear now, gonna be learning and researching more on how to use this gear efficiantly.

and the new L8's for the doors, true 8" woofers, theese are L8V1's (verstion 1) so one of the drivers that put hybrid on the market as the best of the best.

got the new alarm to get put in, and a bypass kit.

got the new mids (temp mids) i had a buyer on my 10f's but than he fell through i ordered these because well i always wanted to hear them and found them BNIB for pretty much at cost price. they are amazing, very clean. a little off, but their lower end mid's but their still top end stuff.

L3 next to L8 :P

heres another driver ive always been interested in, i might be giving these a run and givinga reveiw because im VERY interested in what they'll do.

Tang Band W4-1879 4" Full Range Driver 264-903

this is the 4" verstion, its a swap out for my current driver size. but their a bit price, gonna run me 300$ for a set of em :\

here are a few different verstions. they have a 5" verstion i think might give the 5" version of the scans 12m a run for their money. ima see what i can stir up, but gonna be a bit before i can get a chance to try those out.

Tang Band W5-1880 5" Full Range Driver 264-904

and the 3" versions. -

Tang Band W3-1878 3" Full Range Driver 264-902

just dropped the L3's in, their a bit smaller than i thought XD i thought they were a closer match...damn metric system -_- 25.4 MM \1 inch

anyways, heres the install. just a little teast of an install to hold ya off till i really start digging into things.

comparing and contrasting, perspective is always key when deminstrating a build.

the old layout sheet.

over all, a nice plessent change. upgrade? I woudln't say so much of an upgrade as it is a sidegrade, it all depends what your top end is already doing and how you play things, but the emidiate difference was the top end plays quite a bit duller than the 10F's did, the 10F's were very sharp and prnouncing the L3's are very clean and pure, very tonaly acurate, where the 10f's had character the L3's had a nice silky smooth top end. the mid range had little difference i've heard, I was able to cross the L3's a little lower.

i crossed everything this time around like this just to play around -

SSF - 20 (MS-8 default won't go lower? )

LPF - 110 24db\
HPF - 275 24 db\
HPF - 3850 24 db\

I than calibrated it all with the head phones and all the fun stuff.

over all, very nice change. the tune made a bigger difference than the drive switch. I crossed the tweeters a little lower just because i already have seen the graph and the top end can be a little sloppy. i havnt tried any other tunes yet. this tune gave a very car jammy feel, bass wasn't really on lol but it was a nice jam.

over all, L3's are far less efficiant with their different engine style the 10F's were extremley efficiant, i put maybe 20% more power to the L3's and they were just matching what the 10F's were already doing. i tuned them with flat frequency sweeps. i pushed 500hz, 1khz, 2khz, 3khz, so on and tweaked everything, than let the ms-8 do the rest.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks good so far!

I'm assuming you're going to be selling a lot? I'm interested in a lot of it if you do decide to sell!

Old 10-15-2011, 11:50 AM
3 Year Member

yeah I'll be swaping out and trying different stuff. the PDX 4.150's might sell, but i was thinking about holding onto them though, because their replacments i got at a total cost of maybe what one of the PDX's would sell for :P the 10F's are for sale now.

WTS | Scanspeak 10F's - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

I'll be selling the SB tweeters, the JBL sub is for sale. i'll be running AE IB15. two of them in fact ^_^ the box for the JBL is also for sale with it, prefered in fact.

WTS|WTT JBL W12GTI MKII with boX! - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Old 10-15-2011, 12:05 PM
10 Year Member

do you have extra wiring?

Old 10-15-2011, 02:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Nice system you've got there.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:54 PM

I like the setup, howd you make the speaker mounts up front?

Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member

^^ check his recent threads, he has a whole build on it, lots of fiberglassing and molding and fun stuff!

Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
^^ check his recent threads, he has a whole build on it, lots of fiberglassing and molding and fun stuff!
yeah i don't know if that one can still be found, might still be in the system but it fell off the edge of the earth on the list. it was to long for this project anyways, its almost a whole new system so i figuired i'd start over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 silver bullet monte carlo SQ build