Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

05 Monte Carlo Amp Power/Ground Wires

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Default 05 Monte Carlo Amp Power/Ground Wires

I have been looking for a way to run the power wire to my amp and just cant seem to find a good location like a rubber boot or anything to run it through. And the fender idea doesn't look good because the hood hinges are pretty tight and I have 4 gauge wire, and I don't want to pinch/cut it... Any Ideas?

Also, I haven't looked into the trunk much yet, but is there a good place to put the ground?

Thanks.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 PM

There is an article in the how-to section on this. I ran mine that way, through the passenger side floor, through the grommet, along sill into trunk, Grounded it on rear seat belt bolt.

Mike

Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 PM

you can run it down the channel on the left hand side, up and aruond the door down the frame of the door outlet, and along the bottom corner panel to under the rear seat. you can also run it through a grommit on the passenger side floot, if you remove your rad fluid container you can see the grommit behind it than run it down the corner panel or the center console. i ran mine down the center console my self. but thats just me

Old 04-22-2012, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet
you can run it down the channel on the left hand side, up and aruond the door down the frame of the door outlet, and along the bottom corner panel to under the rear seat. you can also run it through a grommit on the passenger side floot, if you remove your rad fluid container you can see the grommit behind it than run it down the corner panel or the center console. i ran mine down the center console my self. but thats just me
I may try that... We will see.
And I'll go look in the how to section later as well. Im wanting to get this done soon. I just need to get a new fuse holder first. hopefully it will be done within the next two weeks as long as I don't get worked to death at my job...