Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

00-05 how to install subs and an amp to your factory head unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 09:15 PM

This was such a huge help thank you so much. Saved some money indefinitely. Never wired up subs until today. Made this car even more badass

Old 06-09-2021, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by rgant_19
This is one hell of a write up but unfortunately, I am going through a problem with the "remote wire". I did exactly what the write up and other instruction as well suggested, but the amp stays on constantly with the ignition wire and remote wire hookup. Now, I could be looking at the wrong ignition wire, but I made sure it was "pink" and that the amp turns on with I touches the Remote Wire to the Pink Wire. Don't you know how when the radio stays on (after you cut the car off) and it goes off when you open the door! Well, I did that with the ignition wire and the amp was still on when I opened the door with the keys out of the ignition. I started scratching my head in confusion. Please help, is there any other way for the amp to turn on and off when the car does so I won't drain my battery and end up needing a jump to start my car (Like today)?
I was going to do this install in my son in laws monte using a toggle switch to the 350.1 Skar why wouldn't this work I have 2 amp in my 2002 f150 I have them split off same wire but I have a toggle to shut the monoblock off if I just want little music while in aux this works great my mid and highs amp is only about 180 watts now I do have 2 marine battery installed guys if u do this u need to watch how long u play depends on electrical set up or amp hrs on ur battery but back to the remote turn on even if I leave the toggle on when I turn the key off it shut both amps down as it should if any1 has any suggestions why this is a bad idea could u let me know I hope it helps I really like this cause I don't want to drain my battery's to much then my alternated will have to over work itself charging them if any1 know what size alternator is in the 2002 Monte Carlo with 3.8ltr