Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

WizAired CAI for 3.9 owners.......It's coming !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Default RE: WizAired CAI for 3.9 owners.......It's coming !!

Hey have you got the intake in yet? Just wondering, waiting to get one for my car.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:51 PM

The intake just arrived today via UPS. It looks just like the 3rd greneration 3800 kit to my eyes, however the instructions have been changed for the 3900.I will be installing and taking pictures tomorrow.If I don't need to make any changes to the kit or instructions, this will be available to the general public in very short order. Check this post for pictures and my overall opinion of the product tomorrow !!

Jim

Old 11-06-2007, 12:03 AM

Can't wait to find out how well it works, my exhaust is screaming for some more air to flow through it, although it has mellowed out just enough.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:29 AM

I hear that, can't wait for it. Gets some more power to this motor. Let us know, I'll be buying one asap. Also god_bot what do you have done to your car?

Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 AM

Mostly just cosmetic stuff, but I did get a pair of FlowPro's on my car, sound almost like Flowmasters but they allow more flow to come through. That with the resanator delete and two 3" chrome tips - I'd rather have a nice set of black powder coated one, only ran me about $290. I'll have to get some new pictures up sometime...

Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 AM

How is it with the resanator delete? I have Flowmaster Delta Flow 40's with 3.5" tips and it's pretty loud. In the summer I'm thinking of getting a cat-back for my car, not sure yet, thinking about getting all I can out of this car with all motor.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:19 PM

Well, taking out the resonator didn't do too much sound wise, but then again I had it taken out while I was still at the shop so I didn't really do a comparison. I do know that I can defiantly hear/feel the exhaust notes inside, gives me another reason to take off my door panels and fix whatever is rattling in there.

How are your Pure Blue Luminics headlights and foglights? Did you notice much difference compared to the stock lighting?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:40 PM

About the same as stock I would say for distance, but they look great at night. My buddies say they can tell it's me coming down the road, even when it's busy out and I'm in a crowd. They say they make my Monte Carlo stand out from every other Monte Carlo coming down the road. He is getting some for his Sentra.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:22 PM

So how did the intake go in? Everything work out fine?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:26 PM

What a fiasco gentlemen!! Where do I begin.About the only thing that went well was the old airbox removal.Our 3900's must be quite different from the 3800 from which this kit was sourced.Not so much the engine, as the cars the engines came in. I didn't think our front-end refreshing for 06-07 was anything more than cosmetic.I thought wrong.None of the mounting places were where they were supposed to be, not even close.There is also a high pressure hose of some sort running real close to where the bottom plate mounts impeding the install of this piece.Since this piece doesn't even fit that stopped the install there.However I mocked up the box itself and even if the bottom plate fit, the air box would not.Also, in the 3800 install you have to mount the PCM from the stock airbox onto the bottom plate I mentioned. In our application the PCM as well as another sensor of some sort occupies our stock airbox. the WizAired will not accomodate the extra sensor.
I am in contact with the distributor but have not had a reply yet.they at first wanted me to take pictures of any fitment issues, however the WHOLE THING is way off base.They have to get a car locally for measurments or something because I don't think I can communicate to them the changes that need to be done.
On the bright side, I have become very good taking apart and reinstalling the fatory intake system, and I also lost some skin on my knuckles and some blood so i weigh a little less.(hey when you're fat you'll take all the help you can get!)
I will keep posting about my progress with this setback. They guaranteed with my original purchase and agreeance to test fitment, that they would work with me until we have a functional, well fitting intake.
Sorry I don't have better news!!
Take care y'all,
Jim

Quick Reply: WizAired CAI for 3.9 owners.......It's coming !!