Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Ported Rear Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Ported Rear Manifold

I was just on ZZP's site looking for the ported rear mani and I noticed they aren't carrying them anymore. Just a rear PLOG for turbo applications only. I sent them a tweet and hopefully they will tell me why they discontinued them. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase them anywhere else?

I want to do a front PLOG and ported rear mani with downpipe and all new 2.5'' exhaust this year. If I don't get a ported rear mani, will it negatively affect performance by sticking with the stock one?

Thanks for any help y'all!

Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Unless you plan to boost the car, I would not bother with the rear mani. ALl research done by more then one 3800 shop/enthusiast shows the downpipe/u-bend and front mani as the worst restrictions of exhaust flow.

If you really want to look into the rear mani, 3800 Parts | 3800 Performance Parts | 3800 Series 2 Performance Parts - W Body Store may still offer one or look into headers.

There are a lot of us (myself included) running the front PLOG, 2.5" DP with high flow cat, no issues.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:26 PM

Oh! Okay, great. I'll just go that route and forget the rear manifold then. I want to boost it, but not anytime in the near future. Thanks a lot! Hopefully we can actually meet up sometime this year at a show or something. I really want to meet some members from here finally.

Also, I visited that site you created tracking the different projects/builds you have done to your car. That is probably the coolest thing I have seen in a while, and has given me a lot of ideas. I want to do so much to my car this season, but, of course, cash is always at a premium. Oh well.

Thanks again!

Old 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

hey there i was gonna do the same minus the boost but zzp got back at me via email and they said they discontinued it because the rear mani is pretty much already 2.5 and good to go. I c u live in pa, i do as well hope to see you at some shows too

Old 03-23-2014, 05:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun
Hopefully we can actually meet up sometime this year at a show or something. I really want to meet some members from here finally.
Also, I visited that site you created tracking the different projects/builds you have done to your car. That is probably the coolest thing I have seen in a while, and has given me a lot of ideas.
If you can make it to the GM Nationals in June at Carlisle, a good group of us from MCF.com well be there (including myself). If you can make it, it's always a good time.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
If you can make it to the GM Nationals in June at Carlisle, a good group of us from MCF.com well be there (including myself). If you can make it, it's always a good time.

John (turbo_monte) informed me about the GM nationals. That weekend is the same as the Steel Valley Supernats in Salem, Ohio, and there is drag racing there....this year was the first year I was gonna run my Monte down the track, but there are other days I could do it. It's just a HUGE event that weekend. I'm debating which one to go to this year, but I'm starting to lean towards the GM Nationals lol

Old 03-24-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by owens91
hey there i was gonna do the same minus the boost but zzp got back at me via email and they said they discontinued it because the rear mani is pretty much already 2.5 and good to go. I c u live in pa, i do as well hope to see you at some shows too

Hope to see you too, man. It seems like the GM Nationals would really be one of the only places to go since we are literally on opposite ends of the state lol

Old 03-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSChevyFun
I was just on ZZP's site looking for the ported rear mani and I noticed they aren't carrying them anymore. Just a rear PLOG for turbo applications only. I sent them a tweet and hopefully they will tell me why they discontinued them. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase them anywhere else?

I want to do a front PLOG and ported rear mani with downpipe and all new 2.5'' exhaust this year. If I don't get a ported rear mani, will it negatively affect performance by sticking with the stock one?

Thanks for any help y'all!

I running front PLOG,ceramic coated crossover pipe, 2.5" DP with U bend delete an a high flow cat,
I drive a 2005 Monte SS Supercharged 3.8 no problems running stock rear manifold..