Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

the new Turbonator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default the new Turbonator?

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GP3014/MCUNDE...ies+II+V6.html

Seems like it is just a more expensive form of the turbonator.

yes it is a TB spacer too but i dont get how disrupting the air would ever make it more efficient

Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Default RE: the new Turbonator?

[align=center]AIRAID Throttle Body Spacer - 3.8L Series II V6 - $104.99

[/align][align=center]Hi `Luke,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]They have a answer in their statement on what the Heliz bore creates.[/align][align=center]I look forward to seeing what our expert member techs post on their[/align][align=center]opinion for this type of spacer.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If any member has one, please post your review.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Seems like a simple mod 4 a decent price.[/align][align=center]Members, post your thoughts..[/align][align=center][:-]

This PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer from AIRAID is designed to improve the low-end torque and horsepower of your engine while helping to control heat flow and transfer. PowerAid accomplishes this by spacing the throttle body one inch and adding a dyno-proven Helix style bore. As the intake air passes through the spacer, the Helix bore creates a vortex action that improves atomization creating a more complete combustion and an efficiently burning engine. The results are improved driveability and increased fuel efficiency. The PowerAid spacer is 50 state legal, will not void your warranty. Comes with all hardware required for installation.
Application: [/align][*][align=center]1997-2003 Grand Prix 3.8L V6 (NA and SC) [/align][*][align=center]2000-2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 3.8L V6 (NA and SC) [/align][*][align=center]2000-2005 Chevrolet Impala 3.8L V6 (NA and SC) [/align][*][align=center]1997-2004 Buick Regal 3.8L V6 (NA and SC) [/align]

Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 PM

Seems like it is just a more expensive form of the turbonator.
Pretty much...

yes it is a TB spacer too but i dont get how disrupting the air would ever make it more efficient
Really, it doesn't look like much of a TB spacer either. Since it looks like its aluminum, you wouldn't really get the heat insulating properties of the various polymer spacers- the only benefit would be the added plenum volume- but you can pick up a used HV3 for not much more- and do a better job at that.

As the intake air passes through the spacer, the Helix bore creates a vortex action that improves atomization creating a more complete combustion and an efficiently burning engine.

The theory makes sense if the air is being swirled in a 'wet' part of the manifold (a part where fuel has already been added)- or just prior.A lot of cylinder head designs have promoted this swirling effect for mixing. However, on a 3800- the swirl is being created too far ahead of the injectors- the air still has considerable distance left to travel, and still has more bends and stuff to go through before it hits the injectors- that I doubt you'd have any swirl at all left by the time it got down to the LIM where the injectors are.

The other thing is, for $115- you're at least 50% to being able to pick up (new or used)a HV3, ported TB, modded 1.9 rockers, headers, or various other mods that have been actually proven to increase power.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Introducing the new....

TURBONATOR XT!!!!

The all new Turbonator XT is proven by morons everywhere to do all of these things:

-Up to 63% better fuel economy
-Up to 81% more hp!!
-Improved engine efficiency
-Extended engine life!!

The Turbonator XT works by hindering the flow of air into your car while creating a swirling motion of air going into your intake. Any moron who dropped out of high school can tell you that less air going into the engine but swirling around will create more hp and better fuel efficiency

Ask about us on any tuner forum!!!!

Just read our customer testimonials:

Sonny-Bubba says:

"Got one for my Monte and got one for all my kin folks, recommend the Turbonator X-T to anyone and everyone."

BUY ONE TODAY!!!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Supposedly these are actually pretty effective on the 5.3L. I read some interesting things on the LS1Tech forums.